“Yeah, CATFISH!!!”

Lillie Mae's House of Soul Food
Ranked #49 of 447 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was the best fish, let alone catfish that I've ever had. Please, be advised I'm not from the South, but I do love fish. I had the catfish and brisket combo for lunch. I do have to say this was a pricey lunch, but I will return... just not as often as I wish I could. Also, I will be skipping the brisket and just getting the catfish next time. There is nothing wrong with the brisket, but the catfish was that good. Great breadcrumb outside and moist inside... As far as the brisket, it was good but a little too sweet with the bbq. Most of the bbq in the South Bay seems to be too sweet for me.

Again, cost was high for lunch. But, I would say I liked the atmosphere of the restaurant. And, we had very quick service as the end of the lunch rush.

1  Thank Tim D

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is silly , but that's how I felt that day eating the food. I went for dinner after hearing about it on TV. and then the next day for lunch. Had some different sides , but still go the fried chicken.
It was so home town feel and cooking, it reminded me of going to some of these places in the south. My love of Fried chicken lives on here, for sure. I was scared of the crowd because my co-workers went before and said there is long lines. So, I went early and had no problem, except I couldn' t stop eating. I can't say enough about the quality of the food- Excellent.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Greasy fried chicked, dry stringy ribs, and the corn bread tasted like jiffy boxed corn bread, bland and dry.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

The food is delicious, but please come with enough time. waiter need some help to process the order and take care of custumers
the Waitter apologíze for the service too slow that was nice Of him. And we understand. they have just a week or so open. good luck guys. your Food is very good.

Los alimentos son deliciosos. solamente nesecitan ayuda con la ATENCION al cliente. nesecitan mejorar su servicio al cliente. el mesero se disculpó por el servicio lento por que acaban de abrir pero es agradable si tienes suficiente tiempo para esperar.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

No words can explain!!! The food and atmosphere were great. If your a lover of Sould food and BBQ you will love this place. I got a combo meal it was so much food that I had enought to make another meal later that night. I tried to go back again later that night and it was closed. I was so mad. I'd go out to california again just to eat there.

1  Thank djkBuf