“Terribly disgusting!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Driftwood Santa Clara

You added Driftwood Santa Clara to your Saves list
Driftwood Santa Clara
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3477 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051 (Formerly Econo Lodge Santa Clara)   |
Ranked #23 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Sunnyvale, California
“Terribly disgusting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Me and my husband stayed in this hotel June of 2014.the rooms were so disgusting that we had to get a room change three times.the tubs were so gross that I didn't shower but my husband did.the customer service was bad.the lady wasn't friendly at all...I would not recommend this hotel to anyone...you might as well stay in a dump!!!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank missioncollegegirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Spokane, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

15 min from San Jose airport, this motel is quiet and the rooms are large. Bed is very comfy. Rooms a bit beat up but very functional. Checking in after 10 took quite a while as the clerk had to keep going back and forth to the computer. Wouldn't be very fun in the cold or rain.
Don't expect anything but fast food after 10 pm, though. Jack in the Box's teriyaki bowl hits the spot and they're very close. Before that there's a ton of Korean BBQ joints I'd love to try.
Very quiet for being on El Camino Real. No elevator - lugging suitcases upstairs can be annoying. Quieter than expected.

Room Tip: You want to a room well back from the road and if you have much luggage pick a ground floor room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RushCubFan
Regina, Sk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I don't expect 4 star service where ever I go but a certain standard of basic cleanliness is expected. I do write fair reviews based on both the facility and the service. This hotel was booked for me by an agent so I didn't think twice about staying here and had no preconceived notions.
When I got there it was 11pm and it was raining. I thought I was in the wrong place but the GPS said this was it and it said Econolodge (Hahahhah). It was dark in the office so I thought it was closed...until I saw the hole in the wall check in window. There are lots of pictures to fully illustrate what you will experience. The lady (and i say this loosely) asked if i was paying cash or credit - classy. She then charged my credit card up front for 2 nights. I called her on this and she said I could get a refund for the next night if i wanted. I told her i was too tired to fight with her tonight and went to my room.

Apart from the full smelly garbage cans in the stairwell and the 7 times it took me before my the door opened, the hotel was overall....TERRIBLE. If i had a blacklight, the room would have lit up like the 4th of July. The floor wasn't clean, the phone was sticky, there were stains on a LEATHER CHAIR!!! and cigarette burns on the toilet. Used Soap and shampoo? WTF. The free wifi didn't work even though the hub was right outside the room.

Had to get an ironing board and iron from the front desk as these must be exclusive to royalty. Please see pics of the ironing board that looks like it doubles for a diaper changing station. I checked out 6 hours later.

The checkout process wasn't that smooth either. I had to deal with miss pleasant from the night before who refunded me the prepaid day. Turned in my passkey to the gentleman at the front desk but he didn't want to interrupt his candy crush session.

For 85 bucks a night, i'd get the same value sleeping in a dumpster.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Awesomegary

Travelers are raving about these Santa Clara hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Check in at 1:00 am place is creepy people standing on upper level hanging out making it very uncomfortable for two women and two children. We get a room om bottom level that looks like it has been broken into before and so filthy my little boy did not want to even sleep on the bed! There was noise outside the window all night long could not sleep and was scared. The shower was disgusting and had to lay a towel down in the bottom just so we could shower. There was no parking because they were apparently fixing up the place and had a big trash bin in the parking lot! I think this was probably the worst experience I have ever had. Also, left my earrings on the counter and they said they found one and we mailed them an envelope and they never mailed it back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Lfosc
Oroville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here on October 17 and chose it for price and location. We checked jn and went immediatelt went to a concert at the SAP center and on arrival back at the hotel we realized that the door to our room was broken in and the lock on the door wouldn't work am the safety lock was completely gone. The shower nob was broken and my sister almost cut her hand trying to take a shower. Breakfast was coffee, juice and mini bagels with jelly. We had other plans for breakfast so that didn't bother us but for other clients I am sure they were disappointed. On check out I told the desk clerk about the door and he acted surprised... Uh really?? It was very noticeable and I am sure that they had complaints before... :(

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Lady_bug_lover_123
Columbia, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I booked this hotel three weeks before my arrival. I was very excited going to California that I was thinking how great this place was going to be. But upon my arrival, I saw beds lining up along the walls, linen piled up outside the door of the rooms, it appeared as there was some major cleaning up going on. The aspect of the hotel was very third world. When I went to check in, the front desk woman was very rude, she upfront told me I had to paid for the night before because my reservation was for the night before. I explained that my plane was late arriving to my connecting point that I missed my plane to San Jose. Moreover, I had called to explain the situation the night before. She insisted I had to pay for the missed night. I argued my case but she would not have it; she went to call the manager, who proved to lack customer service and social skills. The man started raising his voice and telling me I had to paid! Not knowing what to do, I said fine, booked me in, but the man continued raising his voice and acting as if his hotel was the only hotel in town. After raising his voice and telling me that I must paid, over and over again, I told him that I would not recommend his hotel to anyone if he continue with his tone. The man got even more belligerent an immediately told the front desk woman, "cancel his reservation; I don't want him here!" He then bolted out of the room. My dear people, that was the best thing that happened to me. This Econo Lodge is not worth your dust, let alone your money. Add extra 20 to 30 dollars and you can have a better choice. By God, what a nasty people and unkempt looking place. I love California, hate this place.

Room Tip: Cannot say; did not stay
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mariposa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Upon reading reviews for this hotel I was getting a little worried for booking it. However when we arrived it was quite pleasant. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. We had arrived in early evening and wanted a good place for dinner. We had located a Hometown Buffet near by but missed it on the road. The front desk was able to give direction to it where we had a nice dinner. Upon coming back to the motel I noticed that we had forgotten our keys in the room. The manager was only happy to give us another key to the room and also get a couple more towels that were needed for our party. Had a good nights sleep compared to the night before. Breakfast was not much the juice machine was out of juice and there was no coffee in the lobby. However there was coffee in the room I was happy...The only thing that was in the lobby was some bagels and cream cheese but to be honest that was plenty for me. If i am in the area again I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Cherry Orchard Inn Sunnyvale
#25 of 34 in Sunnyvale
3.0 of 5 stars 61 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara

Been to Driftwood Santa Clara? Share your experiences!