“Biscuits & Gravy? Yes, please!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

From the cool modern decor to the comfy pillows, this hotel was luxurious and reasonably priced. The decor is stylish and the illuminated bathroom mirror makes you feel like you're staying in a swank trendy boutique hotel!

All this AND breakfast! And what do I behold at breakfast but biscuits and gravy! Say what?! Yes! Delicious, too!

All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Smallest of the HI expresses I have stayed at but will be using this location in the future. Hotel stays clean. Building and rooms inside look well taken care of. TV,s are mounted on the wall but move to accommodate sitting at the desk. The lady who took care of the breakfast area was phenomenal and took care of everything in that area with pride and a smile.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay and room. The hotel is very modern, and could rival 4 and 5 star hotels that I have stayed at. They also have built a new onsite gym. I will stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank optionstrader
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I love this place. I came with my family for couple days and we love it.
Rooms are clean, they serve breakfast, located in good place.I just wish prices would be more cheaper.
I stronger recommend it. When I come back for family vacation, I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank cattlemens
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Overall my stay at this Holiday Inn Express was very good. I didn't spend a whole lot of time in the hotel because it was only a one night stay on business. I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and I would rate the condition of this hotel far above the average of others. I felt it also competes well with other higher end hotel. It may not have the same "luxury amenities" but it did an excellent job making sure it has everything you need and more complementary items than most hotels.

My experience was:
1) Friendly greeting from receptionist, not just when I came in, but every time I walked past the her in the lobby.
2) complementary snacks in the room - Sun Chips, peanuts, crackers, fruit snacks, and a large bottle so Smart Water
3) complementary fruit and cookies in the lobby.
4) Modern rooms, furniture, bathroom, electronics.
5) usual HIX complementary breakfast, with one of the most attentive hostess I've experienced

There were 2 reasons rated as "Very Good" vs Excellent
1) The proximity of the desk to the air conditioner unit was far too close. I was working at the deck and the AC unit is literally at my right leg blowing under the desk.
2) I stayed on the 2nd floor and there were and extra set of stairs I had to climb (about 10) to get to my room and a few other rooms on that floor. I wasn't an issue for me, traveled light, but for others it could be.

Location was nothing special but I'm not going to factor that in, it was fine for me.

I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryanjt
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was an excellent choice. Very clean and comfortable, nicely decorated, and pleasant. Amenities included complimentary snacks (very welcomed), and a full complimentary breakfast - much more substantial than at other hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dan g
Reviewed March 29, 2013

There was construction going on and the elevator was broken, which would have led me to give a lower rating to Hotel. But -- The staff more than compensated for it. They were just outstanding, gracious and helpful. Michelle assigned me a room away from the construction noise, then the next evening she had to carry my heavy brief case up the stairs due to the broken elevator and my disability. She would not take a tip, she was so helpful, even in finding a place to eat. Mireya in the breakfast room is wonderful. I set my cereal down, went back for coffee, realized I had forgotten a spoon, but when I got there she had already place a napkin and spoon next to my bowl. Who get's service like that at a hotel "continental breakfast" encluded in the rate. And the Shami toted my luggage and my brief case down the stairs and all the way to my car, which was not necessary.
Oh did I mention the place was clean and the bed was actually comfortable, the room had any modern convenience you could ask for.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face El Camino.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Meg M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Meg M,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. We really appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for our staff. This encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. It is also nice to know that you noticed the cleanliness of our property and found the bed comfortable. However, let me take this opportunity to apologize for falling short of your expectations regarding the situation of the hotel. Yes ,we are undergoing renovations and I am excited to say that it will end soon. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Karen G.