“Priceline comes through again”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Bay Area, CA
“Priceline comes through again”
Reviewed September 3, 2007

Location worked out wonderfully. My mom was attending an annual dinner party in Santa Clara and it turns out the party was being held in one of the Hilton ballrooms. Mom just had to take a quick elevator up to the room to change or use the bathroom. ACM - automatic checkout machine (first one I've seen/used); just insert your credit/debit card or key in the conf. # and you're set. Fitness centerwas decent. Pool was small and filled up quickly. Located on the same block as the Great America amusement park. Room was clean. Bed was too soft for my back (never had preference until then, now I know) and I had pain in the morning.
Didn't check out the restaurant or the bar in house. Room had large window that provided a nice view of a main intersection. Given an extra hour to checkout. Nice place.

• Liked — The price, location in relation to party being held, view from the room.
  • Disliked — Small pool, soft bed.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank AnthonyVeevers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed August 17, 2007

No fridge or microwave.
Early check-in even by a few minutes was not allowed.
No free breakfast.
No bath towels, a couple of small ones.
These are based on comparison with a 2-3 star hotel like Quality Inn.
Overall not satisfied at all.

Stayed August 2007
2 Thank earthly
Hilmar, CA
Reviewed August 8, 2007

We made our reservation thru Priceline. Immediately following, I contacted the hotel to confirm that we had 2 adults and 2 small children and that we need 2 beds. We arrived to find the parkinglot completely full, no spaces available and had to drive around till someone left. When we checked in, I confirmed the number of guests in our party again. When I arrived in our room, they had given us 1 king bed with no additional pullout...for 4 people! I called the front desk and they stated that they were totally booked and arrogantly refered to the fact that we had used Priceline so they were not obliged to fulfill our needs. The clerk finally conceided that although they were booked she found one room with a king and pullout. So downstairs we went to get the new keys, then back up again to a different floor. When we arrived at the floor we smelled the terrible smell of cigarettes! They had sent us to the smoking floor. Our room smelled terrible! The floors were stained with who-knows-what. And even though one of our daughters has asthma, there was nothing we could do, we had no where else to stay. What a nightmare.

• Liked — Close to Great America
  • Disliked — Dirty, smoke smell
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank WendyJeepchick
SF
Reviewed July 29, 2007

When we checked in, we went to the bar to enjoy a few drinks. The bartender was unhospitable and unfriendly. We gave him our room number and he proceeded to announce across the bar that we weren't registerd as guests in the room and that we would have to pay with cash or credit. We felt humiliated. I emailed Customer service and the representative assumed a condescending tone, saying that these things happen, and that it was basically our fault. I didn't want compensation. Just a courteous apology. Never got it. I have sent MANY clients to this particular hotel in the past but NEVER will I recommend this to my clients or associates again. There are far too many competitors who will treat guests with the respect they desreve and are paying for.

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank yogamanic
California
Reviewed June 17, 2007

He used Hotwire and stayed one night for a great rate of $75 all taxes on a SAT night. This hotel is very new and clean. The rooms were nice and the Crabtree and Evelyn hair products fancy (Yet I am allergic to them) and pretty to look at. The pool was half under the ceiling and the other half outside for some sun to soak up. They had a sauna and exercise room that looked out into the pool area. I was suprised that Trip Advisor only rated this hotel a 3 **** I really think it's a 4 ****. We are staying here again in 2 weeks!

• Liked — New rooms, free parking
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Carlii1964
California
Reviewed May 22, 2007

In April 2007 we stayed at the Hilton to attend a conference at the Convention center. I am a Hilton Honors member and we stayed on the Executive Floor in room 825.
I brought my husband and 2 children. My youngest child, who is usually easily consoled and docile, woke 2 times just screaming in frustration. All the usual things we do with him did not work to immediately calm him down, so we figured it was just the new environment. But when it happened twice, we figured something must be wrong, but we went back to sleep.
Twice I was awoken and it felt as if somebody was pulling the covers off of me. I tried to pull them back up and then realized that I was sleeping on top of them because it was a warm night. Twice I went back to sleep.
I then felt that I was gently grabbed on my arm and I woke up. I figured it was nothing, I was exhausted and went back to sleep.
Then, I was then unmistakenly grabbed on my left breast and I felt the hand move down towards my tummy.
That jolted me awake. I started putting things together in my head and realized that we were not alone in that room.
I said prayers for about 30 minutes and was finally left alone for the rest of the night.
We had the door deadbolted and locked with the sliding lock from the inside when we went to bed. It was still locked in the morning. My youngest child slept in a crib against the adjoining room door, so there was no way to enter the room without making a lot of noise. The manager did a check to be sure, and nobody attempted to enter our room with a key card.

Needless to say, when morning came, we got out of there in a hurry. We left more than a few things behind in our haste.

• Liked — Convenience to Convention Center and Great America
  • Disliked — The Pervy Ghost
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank CaliforniaGrace
Hillsboro, Oregon
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I stayed here on a business trip in early May 2007. Nice hotel, and very comfortable for a three-day stay.

Here are some of the room features:

The bathroom has higher-than-average countertops. I like that feature, but if you were a shorter-than-average person, it might not be as desirable. Nice granite counters, with adequate space for all your stuff. Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouthwash). A swivel out makeup mirror is a nice touch. The downside in the bathroom is the low-flow showerhead, which seems to be common for most hotels nowdays. I know it's more eco-friendly, but it I just like more water pressure.

The bed was very comfortable, and had a duvet with double-sheeting. LOTS of pillows. Besides the bed, the other room furnishings included a comfy chair with ottoman, 2 nightstands, desk and chair, and an armoire with the TV. While the TV is on a pull-out swivel base, it was still hard to see the TV from the desk chair. There was a limited selection of cable TV channels.

There was no mini-fridge in the room, but there was a 2-cup coffeemaker, which I didn't use because there's a Starbucks in the lobby. The other restaurant in the hotel is La Fontana, which I tried for lunch and it was very good.

• Liked — Near high-tech businesses
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank meginoregon
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
Avatar Hotel, a Joie de Vivre hotel
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!