“Comfortable Stay for Business”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
South Florida
“Comfortable Stay for Business”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I stayed at the Santa Clara Hilton for five nights on business.

The room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and bright with a handy magnification mirror. My floor was quiet and I was not disturbed by noise from other guests.

Plenty of storage to stow my things for a full work week, and an in-room safe. The vertical orientation of the safe was a bit odd, but I was still able to store a laptop, tablet and some other odds and ends when I needed to.

The hotel had plenty of free parking. The staff were very attentive, friendly, and helpful.

A couple of things kept me from giving an excellent rating: the chair, ottoman, and carpet in my room had some stains. The room was otherwise quite clean, but the stains are off-putting. And when I picked up breakfast on three different mornings during my stay, the woman at the counter never once gave me the breakfast sandwich I asked for.

Overall, though, I was quite happy with my stay. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: You might ask for a view of the park or the new stadium.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
I am glad you had a great stay.
We just completed a quarterly guest room shampooing and furniture cleaning. The place looks great!
I am sorry we did not quit get to yours in time.

Erich Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I accidentally booked 2 rooms here through Hotwire, which neither Hotwire nor the Hilton could fix, so we made the best of the situation. My husband wanted a quiet, romantic weekend, and my son wanted to come along, with two rooms (adjoining) - we did have some privacy and romance, but we also had the fun of bicycling from our home in Palo Alto, along the Bay Trail to Thomas Creek Trail, which is very close to the Hilton. Our rooms were very nice, overlooking Great America; when I explained my situation over the phone to Dee Dee at the desk, she organized two beautiful cards, sparkling cider, a plate of strawberries dipped in chocolate, candies to be delivered to our room - to wish us a happy wedding anniversary, as well as a happy birthday for my husband. The pool and hot tub were on the small side and overcrowded, but otherwise, the staff and service and rooms were great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Folsom, California
Reviewed April 28, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel for a dance convention that was held at the big hotel across the street. The prices at the Hilton were significantly lower compared to that hotel and only 500 steps away. The staff was very attentive to our needs and made special accommodations to help us when needed. The lobby area is clean and quiet. The hotel across the street was constantly crowded and busy because of the convention. I liked having the Hilton as a quiet and peaceful respite. The only downside is that I could hear more than I wanted to to from the room next door. It would be great if they could do something to insulate the sound better. Fortunately, the people next to us were quiet for the most part. I thought our room was comfortable and the bathroom was more spacious compared to many hotel bathrooms. Parking was free and easy which is a huge plus! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is quiet if you want one. My friend had a room over the pool which doesn't...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Jennifer D,

Thank you for staying with us. I hope your daughter had a great time.
We are usually less expensive to stay at if there is an event at the Center.
And yes, we are actually only 280 steps away from the entrance.

We pride ourselves on great guest hallway security. I apologize if they did not notice the room next to you making noise.

I hope you come back for next year’s event.

Raleigh, NC
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The Hilton Santa Clara wanted to charge $150 for early departure (that is a first)...not flexible to business travelers changing demands. I had originally booked for 3 nights and could only stay 1 due to meetings and schedule changing. room smelled stale and musty, window sill had water damage on the wallpaper and it was peeling worst breakfast of any Hilton I've stayed at

1 Thank jpync
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Pync,

I apologize for our team not explaining better the early departure fee.
If you had booked just the one night you needed up front your rate would have been substantially higher then the $150 early departure fee was
Based on your three night reservation you were offered a substantial discount.

I do hope this helps clarify what happened. It is very similar to changing an airline ticket.

Livermore, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was traveling alone with my children ages 6 and 9 for my daughter's dance convention across the street. Without going into too many details, I was having the worst day - absolutely everything was going wrong. The most positive thing I could say about the day was that we had not been in a car accident.

Our room reservations had become a total mess due to someone in reservations canceling the wrong date and entering the incorrect room reservation as well as the room not being ready. I was at my wits end and the amazing Dee at the front desk made everything better. She turned my frown upside down and my day went from horrible to fantastic. She upgraded our room and sent wine up to the room as well. It was exactly what this frazzled Mommy needed!

Dee personally booked the same room type on the concierge floor for our next dance convention in May to ensure that things would go smoothly. I sure hope hope to see Dee's smiling face at the front desk again in May. She has impeccable people skills, a fantastic attitude and is perfectly suited to be in the hospitality industry. I have no doubt she will definitely be going higher up in management.

Thank you so much Dee!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Hello dceizlervarin,

I promise you will see Dee! What great comments. She is a wonderful part of our team here at the Hilton. I will personally celebrate her great service with the staff!

x, Slovenia
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I got a deal for about 100$ per room for a night, which was a good price for this hotel - for sure it is clean and it looks nice. We had a good stay as a couple, just the bed was not so comfortable, but ok for one night.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Bangalore, India
Reviewed April 22, 2014

- Had planned to stay at Hilton Santa Clara for 15 days. Due to some thing, had to check-out on weekend after 2 nights and check-in again after weekend. Making it 13 nights in total. I requested this right at the time of booking. The staff didn't modify the booking, I was asked to do early check-out or pay for all 15 nights. I explained that I wont pay for 15 nights, I'll end up early check-out and they will loose additional 11 nights of business. The staff said, its okay for them to loose business, in bay area, they are always full and they can always reserve for someone else. So I was taken a back with this treatment. This was not a front desk, but their supervisor, who came after my escalation request. An early check-out fee of $150 was also charged. -There wasn't any shuttle service to near by offices for pick-up or drop -The breakfast wasnt included and was fairly expensive. -The wifi was slow -All of this when I was a hilton honors member. This shows they don't value their membership either. When I suggested the staff that your inability to modify the booking will result in you loosing In short stay if you must, else given their bad service, avoid the stay.

1 Thank Gaurav M
Gaurav M,

I wanted to apologize for your disappointing stay.
It sounds like your communication to you as to your stay change was not very good.
When your reservation was booked the rate was quoted with your weekend stay in mind.
Rates are lower for stays that involve weekends. When you wanted to change your stay and check out for the weekend that is what drove your rate up and created an early departure fee.
If you had book your reservation without the weekend your rate would have been at least $100 higher a night. I am so sorry the associate did not explain this better. It is a very similar process if you change and airline ticket.
My apologizes,

HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!