“Good Hotel to be stuck in for a long training”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Schaumburg, United States
“Good Hotel to be stuck in for a long training”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This hotel is next door to Avaya, where I work. I was there for a 2 week training. It helps to be Gold so you can eat breakfast in the exec lounge. The staff is very helpful and will go out of their way. My wife came out for the weekend and we went to Monerey, Big Sur, 17 mile, then San Fran and Sausalito the next day. The staff did some research for me while I was in training and left the info in my room. If you are doing business in Silicon Valley, it's a great location. It's also a good location if you are there over the weekend.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for your remarks.
We are in the middle of everything, being located right next to the Convention Center, Great America Theme Park and Levi's Stadium.
Plus an easy drive to Santa Cruz, Monterrey, SF etc.
A great location !!!

Erich Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 3, 2014

With its proximity to the Santa Clara Convention Center, this hotel makes doing business easy. Further, its restaurant is a step above the usual restaurant cuisine, making it much more tolerable to be "tied" to the trade show venue. I highly recommend the Ahi Tuna appetizer and the Shrimp Tostada salad--both are delicious. Rooms are comfortable and the property is very well kept. And I don't expect a place to be perfect, but I do expect them to react promptly when things go wrong. Such was the case here when my room voicemail malfunctioned, causing concern that I had missed an important or emergency call. The front desk expressed sincere concern and expedited the matter. Thanks much!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Our restaurant has a very strong local following. We have great service and food.
The area is a tad pricy for meals but we feel very comfortable that we have the complete package with great price value.
Plus, you can walk across the street to Great America, Levi's Stadium, or the Convention Center.

Yours in Hospitality,

Erich Smith
Livingston, Louisiana
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Everything about my stay was great. This is a beautiful facility with all the amenities that you need to make you feel at home and staff at the front desk went over and beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. But the one thing I will cherish the most was being able to meet Barry England in the Executive Lounge. He was a gentleman and he has a gift of making everyone feel welcome. When I first entered the Executive Lounge I didn't know a thing about Barry England but by the fourth night I felt like we had known each other our entire lives. I will always consider Barry to be a friend and I look forward to staying at your facility again and getting to visit with Barry, that is if he doesn't move to Colorado :).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Dee at the front desk and Barry in concierge lounge were outstanding. They were both professional and kind and both must love their jobs. The service they provide is very far above the norm and I wanted to mention them by name. If I owned the Hilton these are the employees I would want representing my company. Thanks to all who made this trip special.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Cate190
Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Clean, friendly staff, directly across the street from convention center. Prices somewhat inflated due to area and proximity to Santa Clara convention center. Expect to travel in order to get anywhere else to eat out. Hotel Coffee Café grossly over priced, paid close to $7.00 for a coffee and croissant. In other words its a typical hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Love, love, love this hotel! Mainly I love it because of the ALL the staff. So friendly, so helpful , and so eager to help you ! Smiles and happy faces on everyone.
It is next to the new 49'ers football stadium and I hope it stays the same great hotel when the crowds start coming. I think it will because the GM, Erich ,seems to have customer service at the top of his requirements .
This trip I needed a light bulb changed in my bathroom . I saw an engineer-Jack in the hall. Told him. And "pronto" my bulb was fixed. That is how everything happens at this hotel.
Oh they have a wonderful and again very friendly car service which I used this trip .
Can't go wrong with this hotel

• Stayed January 2014
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I travel a lot for both business and pleasure and stay at a variety of hotels including many Hiltons. This one was fabulous! I felt like a big shot the whole time! From the bell service upon arrival through front desk check in and check out and also the service at the executive lounge...everyone was the peak of friendliness and service even though I was dressed very casually in shorts and a T shirt. The hotel itself was very comfortable and well decorated. I will definitely be staying here again!