Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Got the hotel for under $100 via expedia and it delivered. Good location, comfy king bed room. Easy check in service. I would definitely recommend staying here if you get it for $150 or under. Would give it a 5 rating but the carpeting was a little worn in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I agree with an earlier reviewer that this is a very good $150 room. Too bad that they justify charging you $300 because that is what their nearby competition is doing. I stayed here as part of a group - in the future, when making my own travel plans, I will certainly stay at a less expensive property even if it is farther away. Internet should be included at no extra charge in both the lobby and the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was there november 2013, the hotel had a good parking space, lobby is fine and my room was clean. Bed was little squeaky but okay.
The thing that I hated the most is that they charge you for internet, 10 us$ for 24 hours and that I think is crazy.
Everybody needs to access the internet and in most of the good hotels I visit there is free wifi but not at the Hilton Santa Clara and for that I will not be back... sorry

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Just Okay is not good enough for us.
I can certainly understand your concerns with internet charges as you travel.
In this market all major brand full service hotels do charge.
It is free in our lobby, restaurant and bar which are a great plus.
I do hope you give us another try.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went during a large conference when the hotel was sold out, so I had to pay $300 per night. This hotel was not worth $300 per night. It is worth the price of a typical 4-star hotel (~$150 per night).

If you pay a reasonable price for this hotel, then I think you will be satisfied. The gym is 24/7 which is nice and convenient. The carpet seemed a little old, but no big deal. It's a typical Hilton with a professional level of service. It won't knock your socks off, hence the 4-star, but it'll do.

Right across from the convention center, and walking distance to Great America.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear HappyBelly,

First a very sincere thank you for staying with us. I know you have choices.
The Santa Clara market can be at times very busy which does reflect in the price.
Look at booking as far out as possible to take advantage of even better rates.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's my second time to stay in Hilton Santa Clara in this year.

The main advantage in staying in this hotel is that it's close to a number of tech firms that I need to have business. Some are within walking distance while some can be reached by a short drive.

Thanks to my Diamond HHonor membership, my reservation is upgraded to an executive suite (622 and 623) that I appreciate. Similar to my previous stay, the room is big, the bed is comfortably good, and the Wi-Fi connection is great. The amenities inside the room are also great.

Since I checked-in only after 7:30pm, I did not have the evening snacks in the lounge but I did have a good breakfast there. The food is ok and the Staff in the lounge is very polite and attentive.

The fitness center is great - I've a great workout by using their treadmill and weight equipments. I did not try their outdoor pool.

In summary, it's worth staying in this hotel again whenever I visit Santa Clara.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Edward AA

Thank you for staying with us. Also for your wonderful comments.
Nothing better then starting your day with a nice breakfast plus in the Club Lounge its even free!! Thank you for your Hilton loyalty.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Met with two couples for a getaway weekend. Awesome home base....booked exec level rooms and the lounge access provided a nice common area for some time together. Breakfast & the evening snacks were fantastic. Good proximity and easy access to all the South Bay Area offers.

Room Tip: Exec level rooms provide great value
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was here a year ago, and wasn't that impressed, but think it's got better. It's an excellent place for a meeting, very , very professional. But I thought the rest of the hotel lacked something, but it seems to have found that something.

Rooms are good, restaurant fine, everything is a bit expensive, but that's Santa Clara. Not a good location to walk to restaurants, so you are stuck unless you drive.

Would I stay here again? If I got a discount, and only for a few nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Hello SommersetUKJohn,

Getting better is still good!! We do try to improve a little every day. I hope you keep an eye on us and watch the development that is starting across from the 49er stadium. Soon there will be outstanding restaurants and an entertainment district that you can easily walk to.

We are excited.