“okay”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Iceland
“okay”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I was there november 2013, the hotel had a good parking space, lobby is fine and my room was clean. Bed was little squeaky but okay.
The thing that I hated the most is that they charge you for internet, 10 us$ for 24 hours and that I think is crazy.
Everybody needs to access the internet and in most of the good hotels I visit there is free wifi but not at the Hilton Santa Clara and for that I will not be back... sorry

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Just Okay is not good enough for us.
I can certainly understand your concerns with internet charges as you travel.
In this market all major brand full service hotels do charge.
It is free in our lobby, restaurant and bar which are a great plus.
I do hope you give us another try.

Erich Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went during a large conference when the hotel was sold out, so I had to pay $300 per night. This hotel was not worth $300 per night. It is worth the price of a typical 4-star hotel (~$150 per night).

If you pay a reasonable price for this hotel, then I think you will be satisfied. The gym is 24/7 which is nice and convenient. The carpet seemed a little old, but no big deal. It's a typical Hilton with a professional level of service. It won't knock your socks off, hence the 4-star, but it'll do.

Right across from the convention center, and walking distance to Great America.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear HappyBelly,

First a very sincere thank you for staying with us. I know you have choices.
The Santa Clara market can be at times very busy which does reflect in the price.
Look at booking as far out as possible to take advantage of even better rates.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed November 10, 2013

It's my second time to stay in Hilton Santa Clara in this year.

The main advantage in staying in this hotel is that it's close to a number of tech firms that I need to have business. Some are within walking distance while some can be reached by a short drive.

Thanks to my Diamond HHonor membership, my reservation is upgraded to an executive suite (622 and 623) that I appreciate. Similar to my previous stay, the room is big, the bed is comfortably good, and the Wi-Fi connection is great. The amenities inside the room are also great.

Since I checked-in only after 7:30pm, I did not have the evening snacks in the lounge but I did have a good breakfast there. The food is ok and the Staff in the lounge is very polite and attentive.

The fitness center is great - I've a great workout by using their treadmill and weight equipments. I did not try their outdoor pool.

In summary, it's worth staying in this hotel again whenever I visit Santa Clara.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Edward AA

Thank you for staying with us. Also for your wonderful comments.
Nothing better then starting your day with a nice breakfast plus in the Club Lounge its even free!! Thank you for your Hilton loyalty.

Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Met with two couples for a getaway weekend. Awesome home base....booked exec level rooms and the lounge access provided a nice common area for some time together. Breakfast & the evening snacks were fantastic. Good proximity and easy access to all the South Bay Area offers.

Room Tip: Exec level rooms provide great value
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Somerset UK
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was here a year ago, and wasn't that impressed, but think it's got better. It's an excellent place for a meeting, very , very professional. But I thought the rest of the hotel lacked something, but it seems to have found that something.

Rooms are good, restaurant fine, everything is a bit expensive, but that's Santa Clara. Not a good location to walk to restaurants, so you are stuck unless you drive.

Would I stay here again? If I got a discount, and only for a few nights.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hello SommersetUKJohn,

Getting better is still good!! We do try to improve a little every day. I hope you keep an eye on us and watch the development that is starting across from the 49er stadium. Soon there will be outstanding restaurants and an entertainment district that you can easily walk to.

We are excited.

Belo Horizonte
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a unusual review.
I had an excellent experience with this Hotel's services withou ever checking-in.
Specially with Mr Andy Cheong.
Let me explain the situation.
We were a group of 6 booked for 4 days in this hotel, flying from Brazil.
Customer canceled the trip 2 days before.
As I usually do when I travel to USA I had some Amazon.com pacckages to be delivered at the hotel.
Now a huge problem: the packages were delivered but I was not travelling anymore.
Mr Cheong and hotel staff helped me and offered several options.
It all ended well and may packages were delivered at another place where a frien will bring them home for me.
So, expect good services from these guys!

Wow !!

Andy is the man!! What a great story. He is a wonderful associate.
I will share this with my team and celebrate this great service story with my staff.

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything was new and clean. I would have slept well except my insomnia kicked in so I comfortably watched the night go by. Loved the views of the stadium and theme park. Just didn't like paying $30 for a breakfast that was worth about $10.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!