“I think it's got better”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was here a year ago, and wasn't that impressed, but think it's got better. It's an excellent place for a meeting, very , very professional. But I thought the rest of the hotel lacked something, but it seems to have found that something.

Rooms are good, restaurant fine, everything is a bit expensive, but that's Santa Clara. Not a good location to walk to restaurants, so you are stuck unless you drive.

Would I stay here again? If I got a discount, and only for a few nights.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Hello SommersetUKJohn,

Getting better is still good!! We do try to improve a little every day. I hope you keep an eye on us and watch the development that is starting across from the 49er stadium. Soon there will be outstanding restaurants and an entertainment district that you can easily walk to.

We are excited.

Erich Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a unusual review.
I had an excellent experience with this Hotel's services withou ever checking-in.
Specially with Mr Andy Cheong.
Let me explain the situation.
We were a group of 6 booked for 4 days in this hotel, flying from Brazil.
Customer canceled the trip 2 days before.
As I usually do when I travel to USA I had some Amazon.com pacckages to be delivered at the hotel.
Now a huge problem: the packages were delivered but I was not travelling anymore.
Mr Cheong and hotel staff helped me and offered several options.
It all ended well and may packages were delivered at another place where a frien will bring them home for me.
So, expect good services from these guys!

Wow !!

Andy is the man!! What a great story. He is a wonderful associate.
I will share this with my team and celebrate this great service story with my staff.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Everything was new and clean. I would have slept well except my insomnia kicked in so I comfortably watched the night go by. Loved the views of the stadium and theme park. Just didn't like paying $30 for a breakfast that was worth about $10.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can see the construction of the new 49ers stadium out of my window. For that reason, while this is a relatively quiet spot for a lot of business travelers, it could get a bit louder when there's going to be football games across the parking lot. But I would still stay here until that happens.

THe staff is very friendly and always make sure you have what you need. Rooms are clean and quiet, with any services needed. Wireless internet is available and if you're a preferred business traveler or have access to the 8th floor you also get to use the VIP room that incluces breakfast and snacks around dinner time. A nice addition, especially since the coffee they have in there in the morning is better than the ones in the room.

Only real complain was the variety and price of the menu at the hotel. The restaurant closed early so I had to sit in the bar, though the limited menu and prices are still the same. I just don't see how a salad with chicken on it is worth $20. Next time I'll just run out to get something instead.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear yobiebs,

Over all it looks like you had a nice stay. We are excited about the Stadium being so close to the hotel. What a great place to spend a night before or after the game. The noise from the Stadium should not be a factor at all.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Excellent in all areas including staff and interior décor, and cleanliness. Staff was very responsive when asked for assistance, and information. Our bed and room was very comfortable. We would visit The Hilton Santa Clara again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Eva C.

Wow, comfortable, clean hotel with a responsive staff. Thank you so much.
I don’t think I need to come to work tomorrow; the staff really does do a great job!
Plus, Eva is my Mom's name, so the next time you stay with us, look me up because you get bonus Hilton points!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here to attend a concert at the Shoreline Amphitheatre. It is very conveniently located near San Jose Airport, the amphitheatre, and right next door to Great America and the new 49ers Levi's stadium. In fact, we could see the stadium and Great America from our window. Weekend rates are a deal and traffic is a breeze, probably because of the preponderance of business parks in the area. It may be a different story on game nights and during the workweek. The hotel is very clean, parking is included, beds are comfortable, and the front desk staff are excellent, efficient, and friendly. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We love being on the corner of "Main St and Main St.
Surrounded by Great America, the Convention Center and the new 49er Stadium.
Also so close to Stanford, Santa Clara U, San Jose St.
Throw in Santa Cruz also.
Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I will highly recommend this hotel. Excellent service and very friendly employees...Very Clean!The Atmosphere was nice. The Lobby smells very good.I will make sure to come back and stay here again.My family enjoyed everyday of our stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Pam E.

I think that great smell in the Lobby is the wonderful flavors coming from the La Fontana.
Its the place to have a great lunch in Santa Clara.