“Great for a business stay”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel was a decent Hilton with average amenities. I stayed there with my husband while he was working. It had everything he needed for his job. such as wifi since he is honor status. For me on a vacation from life I felt the pool area was small and no drink service while I was out there was a bummer. The 8th floor had a room set aside for honor members to eat and drink. There was always something to munch on which was a plus. And the staff was really friendly, especially Ravi. She even remembered how I like my coffee on the second day.

The only bid down side was that our air condition made this horrible knocking sound all night long and drove me crazy but I was too tired from biking the golden gate bridge to say anything.

It is located next to all the business with very easy access to the highway to get just about anywhere. I was able to go to San Jose in about 12 min.

Hope you have fun on your next trip!!
Happy travels

Room Tip: HIlton Honors be aware that there are NOT omelets served or waffles.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Amanda,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments. Your comments concerning our staff were wonderful, they are a great team.
As for the noise with your AC unit we have just completed a complete preventive maintenance program on all of our Guest Room AC units replacing key parts. In particular is a valve in the unit.
I hope we did not miss a room. I would love to find out what room you were in. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you would like.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Santa Clara

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had Hors d'oeuvres & breakfast during my recent stay at the Executive Lounge. Staff was very courteous and specially Ravinder Kaus was very helpful and professional by having the hot food available few minutes after 9:30 am (not rushing me at all).

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2013

With the task of dropping off my freshman daughter at Santa Clara University, I decided the screaming "Welcome Weekend" deal was too good to pass up. Not only was it a great rate, but the hotel was very nice, clean, quiet, and well-appointed,with a friendly staff. In the evening after arrival, I escaped our room alone and had a pleasant glass of wine in the bar area as I read my book - it was heavenly after all the college prep. Staff was attentive but not hovering. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Congrats Barbra M.
We hope your daughter loves Santa Clara University.
We hope to see you again when you come to visit her.
The hotel is a great central location when you are in town.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I spent several days here and enjoyed my stay. My room offered a view of the Great America amusement park and the construction site for the Levi's Stadium. Note that neither of these is close enough to the hotel to cause any annoyance, but definitely close enough if you are visiting either of those attractions.

The room was large and very well fitted out, with good quality furnishings and a very large LCD TV. My room had twin-beds (I asked for a King) which were comfortable but narrow. The room would have slept four, but for me, this would be uncomfortable.

The hotel is just 10 minutes drive from SJC airport. It has a good size car park, which meant I never had any trouble finding a parking space.

All in all, a nice hotel and I enjoyed my stay.

I did not eat at the hotel, so cannot comment on the quality of the food.

Hello FourFishFingers!
Thank you for your review. I am glad you liked the hotel and Great America.
We like both also. So much so I am taking the entire Hotel staff over their tonight for Great America's fright Fest Halloween craziness.
I hope we all come back!!!

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the Perfect location for convention center. Extremely Comfortable beds! Hotel was very clean. Starbucks cafe in lobby was si convenient also it is Close to great American park and is the Perfect location to watch their fireworks!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank emhopper
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Daer EMHopper,

We like to say we are 101 steps from the Convention Center. Plus it hardly ever rains here in Santa Clara so we are as good as staying at a hotel thats connected!
I'm am pleased you had a great stay.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

While the lobby of the hotel was well-maintained, there were issues with the actual room itself. I'm a Hilton Honors member, so have stayed in my fair share of Hilton hotels. This one was actually the most disappointing. So disappointing, that I'm writing my first tripadvisor review in 3 years. First off, the tub, shower, and toilet needed updating, especially the shower, which had poor water pressure and sprayed every which way. The sink's hot water faucet actually came unscrewed in my hands, and I had to screw it in back on. The bathroom door would not close properly at all. So with one nudge, someone could come in, despite it being "locked." The bed was bouncy (my husband actually sighed with resignation when he saw me testing it out. One look at how I bounced, and he knew that we would not be able to sleep well) and the ottoman/leg rest had a black smear on it. I put my dry cleaning bag over it just in case. Because I paid with points, I was located in the room right across from the vending/ice machine (yes, people actually need ice at 3 am. Several people, in fact) and near the elevator bank. Lets you know valued members are. There's also a strange charge on my card that I'm trying to get information on (a nice, round number, so it couldn't be taxes, and their wi-fi was supposedly complementary), but their accounting department hasn't called me back yet. What a disappointment!

Room Tip: Make sure you are not located near the ice/vending machine if you can help it!
1  Thank cowgirl4788

My sincerest apologizes for your unfortunate experience here at the Hilton Santa Clara.
I was disappointed that our accounting department did not get back to you. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will work with you to get this issue corrected. Concerning you room we are known for the quality and comfort of our beds, I am so sorry they were not to your liking.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Loved the room. Had a window seat! Hadn't seen that before. Also had a comfy couch, occasional chair and nice furniture. The location is close to a lot of major Silicon Valley companies, the new SF 49ers stadium is being built right behind the hotel - so you could walk to the game .

• Stayed: September 2013
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

I love the window seats also in the room. They are very comfortable.
Plus you can look out at the the new Levi Stadium or Great America

HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#2 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!