“Not worth the price”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Yuba City, United States
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great staff but for the price we paid per night I feel like we only paid for the brand name. The room we stayed in was furnished with two full size beds, not queen, and they were quite uncomfortable. Not suitable for two average size adults. Microwave in the room was not complimentary it came at an additional charge and had to be requested in advance. We have had better experiences at hotels that were more resonably priced.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Fresno, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Room was nice. Double beds are smaller then getting the king room with a sofa bed. Dont ask hotel staff about a place to eat cause they had no idea. the location though was great. Great America was right there and with the new 49er stadium being built the location will be even better for the games.

california
Reviewed August 13, 2013

On entering the hotel, we had a very positive impression based on the attractive, spacious, well-appointed lobby and common area. But, the room was on the small size and both the carpet and furniture were begging to show signs of wear. The bathroom sink had no space to even place a small tube of toothpaste. A major problem for the women. It is time to update the room. When I questioned the desk, I was told no upgrades were available for diamond members and that was the only room available.
The executive lounge was a joke. In the evening the lounge had microwaved torquitos and chicken wings plus what looked like a grocery store’s tray of vegetables with ranch dip arranged on a platter. For Diamond members, the next morning’s breakfast was to be served in the small executive lounge. They had some eggs, greasy sausage, a few small yogurts and some bread. While helping the child with her meal, I found, to my surprise, the hotel was sending a large number of people to the lounge. After this mass arrived it was impossible to get to the food. In other Hilton the executive lounge is limited to Diamond members and people on the executive floor.

The room service was hit and miss. An expensive dinner salad was the size of a side salad. The burger was average, but the calamari was good and plentiful.
In summary, the hotel is marginally OK for a short stay, but do not look for anything to be excited about.
I found this hotel to be on the bottom of my experiences at Hiltons. Stay if you must, but look elsewhere if you can.

Southeast Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I booked this hotel via Priceline Name Your Own Price (there are only 2 4-Star hotels in Santa Clara, so I felt that chances were good that I'd get this property). We stayed on a Saturday night and had to place several bids before Priceline finally accepted one. With NYOP, you are only "guaranteed" a King Room, but we are a family of 4, so I called ahead to request double beds. The hotel staff said that it wasn't guaranteed, but that she would note it on our reservation.

We arrived at the hotel around 5pm and noticed a wedding party in the lobby. I went to the front desk to check-in and asked if they had double beds available. She said that they did not have any, but that she would check to see if they had a junior suite available with pull out couch. When that was not available, she checked to see if there were any roll-away beds, which there were none left. Finally, she asked if I could wait while she looked closer to see if she could move some things around. After a few minutes, she had a double bed room for us! I definitely felt that she went ABOVE & BEYOND to get us the room we needed! I was very impressed!

The reason for our stay was an early flight out of San Jose, but while we were there, we definitely wanted to visit California's Great America (which is right across the parking lot). Free parking at the hotel and being able to walk over saved us the $15 parking fee. (When we got back, we noticed another wedding party taking pictures, so I guess there were 2 weddings that night at this hotel!)

From our 5th floor room, we had a great view of the amusement park & new football stadium. As an added bonus, we got to see a really nice fireworks display right out the window at 9:30pm.

The beds & pillows were really comfy, but we noticed around 12am that the walls were VERY thin. First, we were woken up by a group of people talking in the hallway, and then were woken again by noise in the adjacent room.

Check-out at 5am took less than a minute, and then we drove less than 10 minutes to the airport. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel & stay here again if I were back in the area!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Don't get me wrong, the staff here are extremely friendly, the rooms are clean, big enough and come with all the required stuff - iron, coffee machine, safe, big tv etc. but try as they do, the service could be a little better. Located in Silicon Valley it's clear the target market is corporate - an evening in the bar will confirm that. Location is dependent on what you would like to do, there are other alternatives.
At the end of the day, it's not a bad place to stay but very 'business standard' as opposed to something brilliant. As I say, depends what you go for.

• Stayed August 2013
Newark, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

1. The guest room does not have a refreshing smell. 2. The carpet has several black burned marks from cigarette butts. This gives a pretty bad impression. 3. The furnishings' kind of old. 4. The bed is too soft for me. A firm bed will be much better.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Modesto, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

my son and I had an awesome time in the pool, we stayed on the 8th floor the breakfast and happy hour hors d'oeuvre were good,, my husband had a job, well my son and i meet up with family in eastside san jose seen my sister and hung out with my son at the flea market loved it thank you

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

HYATT House Santa Clara
HYATT House Santa Clara
#3 of 32 in Santa Clara
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Hilton Santa Clara? Share your experiences!