“Well situated in the center of Santa Clara”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Ideally situated if you have meetings in the Santa Clara area. Then no big surprise : large rooms, Hilton style. The bar in the lobby is nice ; I had breakfast at the restaurant : large choice from continental to Americain breakfast style.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

We appreciate the positive comments on our hotel. The lobby bar was just renovated and the change has been a huge success. You need to try our "Tasting Bar" where we feature some outstanding wines for a taste or glass.
We are also going to change our breakfast menu at the end of this month. At the same time we are changing out lunch and dinner menus. Stop by and give them a go!

Thank you again for your business.

Erich L. Smith

Write a ReviewReviews (1,342)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is my go to place for the many times I travel to Silicon Valley for work. The staff is great, the facility is always clean and the food is consistently good. I can walk to work if I choose given the location. Nearby shopping and other restaurants for those evenings when you want to unwind and get away. Excellent location for the new stadium and as well as Sharks games downtown San Jose.

1  Thank LMTraveler30
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay here at the Hilton Santa Clara. I am pleased your time was enjoyable and I will share your comments with the staff.
I noticed that you mentioned how close we are to the New San Francisco 49nes Stadium.
If you go the Hilton Santa Clara Facebook page, and like us, you can register to win opening day tickets to the new Stadium and an over night here at the hotel.

Enjoy.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I brought my wife and children with me on a work trip so that they could see the sights while I was in meetings. We were on the executive floor with access to the concierge lounge. Ravi, the lady running the lounge, was incredibly nice. We spoke at length about the area and activities for kids and she was very sweet with my kids as well. At one point she asked their age and my son told her that he was turning three soon. The next night we went to the conceirge lounge for dinner and she had some of the hotel staff from the restaurant bring up a piece of dessert cake for my son complete with candle. They sang him happy birthday and she gave him a stuffed teady bear. He was beside himself with delight. She made what would have been a mediocre business trip for me into a highly memorable experience and for that I say thank you to the Hilton. Thank you again Ravi for your caring attitude and excellent service.

As to the rest of the hotel:
The room was excellent and sound proof (a plus when traveling with kids)
The staff was amazing (everyone we spoke with there)
The location is excellent, with views of the amusement park and the new football stadium (for the 49'ers).
The food was awesome. The concierge lounge breakfast and snack were both very good, as was the restaurant.

I can't speak to the pool/exercise facilities as we didn't use them, but we went by the pool fairly often and it looks very nice.

Room Tip: 8th floor for concierge level access (free breakfast and late-day snack)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Wow, is all I can say. I am so proud of the staff here, and especially Ravi. I will seek her out this week and give her a personal thank you and share this review with her.
This is why we are in the hospitality business.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have completed multiple stays at this property.
The staff is awesome. The property is comfortable and convenient.
The Rewards benefits with breakfast and evening reception in the hospitality suite was extremely convenient.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. I have to agree, the Rewards Points and being able to utilize the Club Level for breakfast and light dinner is a great perk. Keep coming back.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

My husband and I stay here when we come to Santa Clara. My first question of reception is if Ravi is working in the executive lounge. She is continuously the highlight of our stay. She always greets everyone with a warm smile and greeting.
Looking forward to my next visit already.
Thanks for your genuine kindness!

Carolyne

• Stayed: February 2013
Erich S, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about Ravi, she does a great job in the Club Lounge.
It is nice to know that customer service helps drive loyalty. We are excited that you will return.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Although the front desk staff and convention staff were very professional, thats where the praise stops.

Front Desk folks were very professional. So was the convention personnel.

Otherwise the hotel is not up to standards for a traditional Hilton property. Hair on the bathroom floor, which never was clean after four days staying there. Fitness facility looked like an afterthought, being very small for a hotel that size. I've seen Hampton Inns with better equipment. The Bar presonnel would close the bar early, although the room was full.

Room Tip: Find another workout facility. Hilton's Fitness room is a dissapointment. Bring your own liquor...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to lets us know about your recent stay. I was disappointed that it was less then satisfactory. The housekeeping issues you experienced have been communicated to the Manager of that department and I will follow up personally on that issue.
Though our workout room is a little small the equipment is top of the line. We are currently looking at other areas of the hotel that we could expand into for a bigger gym.

Please know that based on your review, I have standardized the bar hours and we will not be closing early. The new closing time has been moved from 11pm to 12 midnight and we will honor that time every night of the week.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Outstanding service, accommodations and attentiveness by staff. Jennifer, Alex, Felipe and Tony assisted me throughout the week without a single mistake. This team took initiative, had great follow through and anticipated my meeting and personal needs. I have been a meeting planner for over 15 years and would say this facility is in my top 3. A huge thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your great comments. I personally shared with the team your review. To say they were excited would be an understatement.
We pride ourselves on giving the client a Small hotel experience with an eye on quality.
I am happy that we succeeded.