“Great Stay!!”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #2 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our 5-night stay at Hilton, Santa Clara was excellent! We were there on business and the hotel's location was great... close to most of the leading companies. It is also close to the Great Mall of America (shopping). The service was excellent... the staff courteous and professional.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I booked a King room for a three night stay with my teenage son from a Friday through a Monday. I selected this property mainly because of the 4 diamond rating and the possibility of an HHonors Diamond upgrade. Knowing we would arrive in the early morning hours, I called ahead to the hotel to request an uprgade and was told at that time that I had, in fact, been upgraded. We arrived to find that we had been assigned a typical King bed room, but were too tired to argue about it. However, we immediately noticed that the HVAC unit in our room made a constant grinding noise (even when turned off completely). however, we were so tired that we decided to go to bed and hope that it would not be a problem. After a night of constant waking up due to the noise, we requested a new room in the morning. We were swithced to a Junior Suite. Unfortunately, the Junior Suite had a peciluar odor which was noticable when walking in. While you wouldn't notice it after a few minutes, you would expect a higher standard froma 4 diamond property. The carpet and furniture in the suite also showed many stains, again something you would expect in a 2 diamond property. The final aggravation was the Executive Lounge. It was advertised to serve breakfast until 11:00 AM on weekends. When my son and I went to get breakfast at 10:45 AM, everything other than two bowls of fruit and oatmeal had been completely cleared. While I recognize that 10:45 AM is a late breakfast for many, please don't advertise breakfast until 11:00 AM if you really clear things out at 10:30 AM. All in all, the property just doesn't live up to the advertised standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lanny S
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Hilton Santa Clara. Were greeted warmly by all of the staff, no matter who we were around, no matter how brief the time was around them. Their service was excellent at every turn. The atrium that we walked into was really nicely decorated for Christmas, very clean of course, and had ample seating. Stayed on executive floor and loved the complimentary foods served for the evening reception with hot food and the morning breakfast with hot food. Complimentary parking is plentiful. The new stadium for the S.F. 49ers is being built nearby, so this will be a definite go-to hotel if we ever want to take in a game there. Staff are very knowledgeable about the area, so we easily got recommendations for local places. San Jose is pretty much next door. Loved it! Would be really happy to have a return visit. We highly recommend this hotel. It's rated by Triple A as a 4 diamond property, and it was easy for us to see why. Room furnishings were new, and loved the granite in the bathroom. Make-up mirror in bathroom on a swiveling arm was very helpful. Pay to get onto the executive floor, it's worth it.

Room Tip: Get yourself onto the executive floor!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hdbangr11
Reviewed January 11, 2013

First time at Hilton Santa Clara for a convention across the street. Very friendly and personable staff. Jennifer greeted me by name on check-in. The hotel is very well maintained, rooms were quiet, smell good, good amenities, etc. My group gave Barry a run for his money in the Executive Lounge, as he kept the evening reception stocked with chicken wings and garlic fries! The lounge serves food at certain hours, but is accessible all night with a great coffee machine and a perfect place for insomniacs like me. Breakfast was well stocked, as well. A good bet.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is the second time I stayed here. Price-lined it both times. I stayed 2 nights and one of the nights was new years eve. The hotel is real nice the staff was friendly. I was surprised on how quiet the hotel was that evening which I appreciate (in bed by 10pm) They charge for internet which frustrates me. (didn't pay) But, overall I would recommend this hotel ;-)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel twice in a 2 week period - both were pre-paid by my company.

Hotel is fine. Executive lounge is OK. Sound insulation is poor. Breakfast in the Exec lounge is OK.

The first visit, I was kept awake by an enthusiastic couple in the adjacent room -- which was particularly unpleasant.

My second visit, I was woken repeatedly during the night (2 consecutive nights) by my neighbour banging a ball or something against the wall. Either it was a ball, his head or something else. Not great when you have to face clients the next day.

If you are a light sleeper, either buy some strong sleep aids, some ear plugs or try another hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room without neighbors
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DaveInPH
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a wonderful hotel with fantastic, friendly staff !

Since the hotel is next to Great America, I assume they get lots of families with kids as guests. It would be nice to have a few children food items on the menu . All we ever get is chicken fingers( sometimes good but usually too hard). Maybe add spaghetti, Mac n cheese, grilled cheese sandwich, PBJ sandwich? Can't think of any more items but it would be a fantastic improvement to the restaurant.

I need to give accolades to the entire front desk staff ( too many to mention) ! ALL fantastic customer service individuals. They always make me feel like I am their only customer- remember my name, my story and always try to make me happier than the precious visit . Some If their names are Louis, Lloyd in the bar, Taryn, Dorothy, Jane and Tony on the front desk and especially Ravi in the upstairs lounge.

I visit San Jose every 3-4 months to visit my grandsons . They think I live in the hotel and always talk about the staff. We always have to visit Ravi in the lounge even though they usually won't eat the food- except the cookies.

Absolutely wonderful experience every time I visit!!

• Stayed: November 2012