“Top of my list when in Silicon Valley”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Denver, Colorado
“Top of my list when in Silicon Valley”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed at this property over 20 times and have been thoroughly impressed each and every time.

Full disclosure - I am a Hilton Diamond - however, I have witnessed first hand how the staff provides service to non Hilton Honors members and it is equally as impressive.

This is just a great hotel - simply one of the best. The restaurant is above average, the happy hour and appetizers is a good value and the facilities are in great shape.

If you are able to experience the concierge lounge there is one person who has made my experience simply wonderful, her name is Raja - she always remembers her guests and little personal things she picks up from time to time. Amazing service.

Definitely recommend staying here when you are in town.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
, Front Office Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you so very much for your incredibly positive review. I am glad to know that we are hitting our mark as we continue to strive for excellence in both our service and product. I will gladly pass your comments on to Ravi and make sure that she is properly recognized. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Walpole, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying in the Santa Clara Hilton last night for my first time. Walked in the front door was greeted by a very friendly staff. Arriving after 8pm I was very happy to see the front desk well staffed so I was able to get my room and settled in very quickly. My room was large and decorated very nice. Beds were very comfortable and the large flat screen TV had plenty on to keep my interest. I woke up this mooring after a very restful sleep. Bathroom is very large and the shower was great. Opened my door and both the Wall street journal and the USA today awaited me. I used the workout room, not large but has all the important parts to obtain a good work out while traveling. Good cardio theater. I didn’t have time to use the pool but the grounds and the pool looked inviting. I had breakfast in the La Fontana. Service was great food was equal. Definitely will stay again and strongly recommend to anyone looking staying in the Santa Clara/San Jose area.

Mark Kumpel
Walpole Express Jr. Hockey

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Ralph S, Director of Sales at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel. As a frequent traveler myself, I know that at check-in we just want a moment to relax and enjoy ourselves regardless of the time of day. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was attentive to your needs as a traveler

If you or your hockey team (Walpole Express Jr. Hockey) would like to come back to the Hilton Santa Clara we would be happy to assist you in making your reservations.

Los Angeles, California, United States
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Excellent facilities and customer service. I really enjoyed the stay. The staff was very friendly and even offered me free wifi. The coffee was excellent. It was very close to the convention center as well and right by a light rail to the airports. No complaints here!

Dear Janna R,

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our location to the convention center and the VTA Light Rail convenient.

We know you have many choices when coming to Santa Clara Hotel, and we thank you for selecting us. We hope to see you on your next visit!

Dallas
Reviewed May 14, 2012

All the employees had excellent attitudes and we were pleasantly surprised multiple times with how warm they were.
The room was fine.
My only knock was the restaurant was a little depressing and needs to be revamped with more character.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dan R, Director of Sales at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear CDUB212121

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel. We excited to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations during your visit. I would like to let you know that we worked hard to improve the overall guest experience throughout our hotel.

We recently added our refrigerators and laptop safes into all of our rooms. We are just remodeled our La Fontana Lounge located adjacent to our lobby. Also, as we move forward we are looking at additional ways to improve our hotel up to and including future renovations

We hope you come back, and encourage you to check Hilton.com for our Best Rate Guarantee. If you need help making your reservation give us a call and we would be happy to assist.

Hilton Santa Clara
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Nice,clean,confortable hotel; Rooms are quiet and spacious, modern furniture and decoration.
Bathrooms are spotless.
The lounge for Hilton Honor members have excellent service and good breakfast.
The staff is friendly and professional.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear tatallen,

We wanted to thank you for staying here at the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel and leaving us such great feedback and service scores. We "Strive for 5's" in everything we do and we are glad to know that we met your expectations.

We hope you stay with us on your next visit to Santa Clara!

With Thanks

San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Stayed here after spending a day at Great America which was directly across the street. Staff was awesome, and the rooms were clean. The only knock I had was there was wall paper coming off the hallway walls. Would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Kraig 444,

Thank you for staying here at the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel and for providing us with your valuable comments about your stay.

We pride ourselves in being a great quality hotel in the heart of Silicon Valley and being steps from the convention center and California's Great America is just one of the bright spots we feature.

I truly want to thank you for your rankings of our hotel rooms, & our service to the Trip Advisor community.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! When you do come back, Please feel free to stop by the desk if there is anything we can do for you

Long Beach, California
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I've stayed at the Santa Clara Hilton a few times. If I were using baseball analogies, it is a solid double - not great, but not bad either. The rooms are spacious, as are the bathrooms, which makes them nicer than the nearby Marriott. The rooms are always very clean, too. The front desk staff is friendly and efficient. My biggest complaint is that it just feels very corporate and sterile, not exactly warm and welcoming.

The other weak spot for me is the concierge lounge. I found the selection at breakfast somewhat limited, which is much different than the Marriott or the Hilton in downtown San Jose.

Room Tip: Depending on the time of the year, the south side of the hotel faces the parking lot for the Great A...