“Very nice hotel for a weekend stay”
Review of Hilton Santa Clara

Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed October 26, 2011

My family and I were in town for a weekend and got a great rate through AAA on a double room at this Hilton. The location was great, parking was free and available and the staff was pleasant. The room and all common areas were clean and comfortable. The beds and pillows were very soft and comfortable. The shower was powerful enough to wash hair without issue and had stable temperature water as well. The soaps and shampoos provided were also good. We had a view of Great America, which was also nice. The only downside was the price of the restaurant and cafe. I bought 4 packs of cereal and 2 bananas and it was $22! The only other complaint would be that the TV didn't offer many kid friendly channels. Having the Disney Channel available would've been nice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank squirrel4569
SantaClaraHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2011

Dear squirrel4569

Thank you very much for your recent stay here at the Hilton Santa Clara Hotel. The fact that we are adjacent to California’s Great America offering free parking can certainly be of value for a traveler. I am glad to hear the positive comments on our staff, service, and cleanliness of our hotel as we take pride meeting each guest expectations.
Please know that Hilton as a brand is constantly reviewing their brand standards and they look at everything from service, to what channels we offer on our TV. We will certainly look to your comments as we look to improve our in-room channel selection

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I just came from a Holiday In Express and I found the quality to be equal to this. As a business traveller in the 20th century I need wifi on more than one device (smartphone, ipad, laptop). In order to do so I needed to buy 3 x $9.99 per 24 hours. No breakfast included. The staff is correct and friendly but the service is avarage. The rooms are very old style and a bit warn out.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Dear Flip1974

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review on your recent stay at our hotel. We do take every review very seriously and please know that we will certainly look at your review and see what changes if any we can make to improve our hotel.

Being in the heart of Silicon Valley we do try to provide the best of High Tech mixed with High Class and we missed the mark in your last stay. Please know that if you are Hilton Gold or Diamond member the internet access (wired or wireless) is complementary throughout our hotel, and you would not be required to pay the $9.95 just to use different devices.

We hope that you return again to Silicon Valley, if so please feel free to contact me directly and I would be happy to assist you in making your reservation.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I stayed there for a conference and was not too impressed. The lobby was small but nice, acrually this was one of the smaller Hiltons at which I have stayed. It is across the street from the Convention Center and down the street from Great America. When I arrived, I asked if I could have a room on a higher floor. I was told that there were no higher floor rooms available until the next day and was given a room on the second floor--Which had a lovely view of the roof of the lobby and entrance way, with all of the smokestacks and gravel. If the window opened, I felt as if I could have had my own gravel ame smokestack patio. I went back downstairs to ask if I could be put in another room. I was then given a room on the fourth floor, which was surprising (and a little disappointing) because when I asked at first I was told that there was nothing higher than the second floor and a co-attendee was given a room on the sixth floor. Both rooms were clean but the first room had a window seat which I expected in the second room but was really wasted in the room on the second floor. The hallway had an old, musty kind of smell, as did the room. The hallway smell was much stronger and had it been of the same intensity in the room, it would have been unbearable. The bathroom was spacious and the flat screen television was nice. The channels were a little hard to understand but that was easy overlook. The ironing board needed a little more padding on it and a new cover as well because it was a little stained. Overall, the room was nice, the staff was generally friendly and very helpful. The servers were very efficient and on the ball. I did find it a little odd that the breakfast buffet was served in the lobby during the conference but I guess that was because this hotel was on the smaller side? Those who served lunch and dinner during the conference were very efficient and courteous. I did not eat in the restaurant, but there was a coffee bar available for those who needed coffee and maybe some fruit or pastries rather than a full breakfast in the restaurant. I would stay there again if necessary, but it would not be my first choice, because there was nothing veey special to recommend it or to seperate it from the masses. I'm guessing its proximity to Great America is the greatest recommendation. You will not be disappointed id you do not raise your expectations to high.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

The Hotel staff was very pleasant and effecient. We had an upgraded room to the Executive Level which was very nice becasue it included continental breakfast and early evening Happy Hour foods. The women that staffed the room was very pleasant and kept the room stocked (which included fresh cut fruits) and clean. We were awoken at 2AM Monday morning to the fire alarm going off I called the front desk and they told me to proceed down the stairs and out the building. It was a false alarm but the Hotel staff handled the process well and had guest lists so they could account for everyone in the parking lot.
Overall a another nice Hilton stay. Note to Hotel get rid of the useless tiny wastebaskets they are a joke!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis C

Dear Dennis C,

I want to thank you for your recent visit to the Hilton Santa Clara. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, as well as our Executive Level & Lounge. Our Executive lounge is now open 7 days a week for breakfast, and evening snacks.

I do want to apologize though for being woken up at 2am by the fire alarm. It was quite a shock to our staff as well as every guest in the hotel. I am pleased to hear that my staff executed our evacuation plan as designed and all guests although tired, were safe.

Feel free to “like” our Hilton Santa Clara Facebook page and or Hiltonsantaclara.com for next years Great America Package offer, along with many more special offers

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is in par with Hilton Hotel standards, nice room, great staff. My family and I stayed here and was able to walk to Great America for the day. For my kids (7 and 5 years old) it was a mini vacation during the summer. It would have been nice to have 2 queen beds as oppose to two double beds (just a little more room would have been a bit more comfortable) but everything was nice and clean. I will definately be taking more "mini" vacations with my kids to Great America while staying at this Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank PChun

Dear goofballSF ,

Thank you very much for your repeat visit to the Hilton Santa Clara and your recent review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and more importantly I am thrilled to hear that you and your kids enjoyed Great America and your mini “VACATION!” We want to let you know how grateful we are that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed here at least 12 different times in the past year. I've always been entirely satisfied with my stay. There is nothing luxury or exciting about the hotel, but that's not what it's intended to be. The rooms are all very clean, nice and relatively modern. Bathrooms are spacious and clean as well.

The only time I had a less-than-satisfactory experience was when my room (on the executive floor even) smelled incredibly musky and smoky. But the staff promptly moved me to a new room and everything was sorted out quickly.

The hotel is adjacent to Great America Park if you like that. I've only been here on business so it isn't a draw. But even in peak summer times I haven't noticed any traffic congestion or other problems due to the park proximity.

The executive lounge is nice for a quick breakfast if you get upgraded. Overall the hotel is exactly what you'd expect.

It's a competent, consistent hotel if you are traveling for business or with family. If you want something special for a getaway, I'd look elsewhere (as in, not in Santa Clara!).

1  Thank adamclyde

Dear adamclyde

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Hilton and your return visit once again to the Hilton Santa Clara. I hope that you know how grateful I am that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and service of our hotel, and we hope that we continue to meet your needs. If you like theme parks I would recommend that next time you visit our hotel in the summer to try to extend your stay, as California’s Great America can be a lot of fun!

Be sure to check Hilton.com for our latest offers…..We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I came for a meeting and had to stay over night to be there early in the morning. the front desk staff were very helpful when I asked for a handicap room as my knee had flared up and I was having trouble walking. They found me a room that was easy to get and was for the disabled. the room was very comfy and clean with a nice view. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for what you need