“Great Place to Stay if you want to walk to Great America” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hilton Santa Clara
Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
SF Bay Area
“Great Place to Stay if you want to walk to Great America”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is in par with Hilton Hotel standards, nice room, great staff. My family and I stayed here and was able to walk to Great America for the day. For my kids (7 and 5 years old) it was a mini vacation during the summer. It would have been nice to have 2 queen beds as oppose to two double beds (just a little more room would have been a bit more comfortable) but everything was nice and clean. I will definately be taking more "mini" vacations with my kids to Great America while staying at this Hilton.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank PChun
SantaClaraHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Dear goofballSF ,

Thank you very much for your repeat visit to the Hilton Santa Clara and your recent review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, and more importantly I am thrilled to hear that you and your kids enjoyed Great America and your mini “VACATION!” We want to let you know how grateful we are that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Feel free to “like” our Hilton Santa Clara Facebook page and or Hiltonsantaclara.com for next years Great America Package offer, along with many more special offers

Hilton Santa Clara Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed here at least 12 different times in the past year. I've always been entirely satisfied with my stay. There is nothing luxury or exciting about the hotel, but that's not what it's intended to be. The rooms are all very clean, nice and relatively modern. Bathrooms are spacious and clean as well.

The only time I had a less-than-satisfactory experience was when my room (on the executive floor even) smelled incredibly musky and smoky. But the staff promptly moved me to a new room and everything was sorted out quickly.

The hotel is adjacent to Great America Park if you like that. I've only been here on business so it isn't a draw. But even in peak summer times I haven't noticed any traffic congestion or other problems due to the park proximity.

The executive lounge is nice for a quick breakfast if you get upgraded. Overall the hotel is exactly what you'd expect.

It's a competent, consistent hotel if you are traveling for business or with family. If you want something special for a getaway, I'd look elsewhere (as in, not in Santa Clara!).

1 Thank adamclyde
Dear adamclyde

Thank you very much for your loyalty to Hilton and your return visit once again to the Hilton Santa Clara. I hope that you know how grateful I am that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness and service of our hotel, and we hope that we continue to meet your needs. If you like theme parks I would recommend that next time you visit our hotel in the summer to try to extend your stay, as California’s Great America can be a lot of fun!

Be sure to check Hilton.com for our latest offers…..We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Trinidad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

I came for a meeting and had to stay over night to be there early in the morning. the front desk staff were very helpful when I asked for a handicap room as my knee had flared up and I was having trouble walking. They found me a room that was easy to get and was for the disabled. the room was very comfy and clean with a nice view. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for what you need
Dear MadamQuisby ,

Thank you very much for staying with us while here on business. I am glad to hear that our staff was able to find you a suitable room due to your injury. Hopefully your knee has heald, and your moving a little better.

Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

The hotel meets expectations of a Hilton. It was very quiet, perhaps due to low occupancy. The front desk staff and telephone operator are extremely courteous and helpful. Parking is free. WiFi is under $10, which is cheaper than some other 4 star hotels. The pool is too small to do laps but there is a nice patio around it for sunbathing. I did not look for restaurants near the hotel, but if you drive west across 101 (changing to Bowers) and keep going until you reach El Camino Real, there are lots of restaurants.

Irvine, California, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel attending a conference next door and I liked this hotel. The location is very convenient and the hotel was very clean. The staff were very friendly and they acknowledged the Hilton Gold status. The prices were unbelievable except for one day when they were sold out. I recommend this hotel if you are visiting the Great America or business at the conference center.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Dear prasad0923,

Thank you very much for staying with us while here on business. Being across the street from the Santa Clara Convention Center and adjacent to California’s Great America can certainly be convenient for a traveler. I am glad to hear the positive comments on our staff as we take pride meeting each guest expectations. We want to let you know how grateful we are that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

San Leandro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was my second time staying at this Hotel. It's perfect for those visiting Great America. The hotel even offers Great America tickets at a discount. Nice restaurant, great bar, excellent staff, and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your repeat visit to the Hilton Santa Clara and your recent review of our property. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed Great America and your stay, and we want to let you know how grateful we are that you took the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Watkinsville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2011

I'll definitely come back here. The room was nice, the service was great. Location is convenient and the price was hard to believe. I was actually a bit nervous about my reservation because the rate was so low for Silicon Valley.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SantaClaraHiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Santa Clara, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind note with the TripAdvisor community about your recent stay. We're delighted to hear that you were pleased with the rate you recived while visiting the Santa Clara area. We apprecaite the rankings as we work to be best hotel in Silicon Valley, offering the highlest level of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to Hilton Santa Clara.