“Miss the old Eds”

Ed's Teriyaki
Ranked #275 of 443 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I have been going to this place since it was in Campbell. It was so good and the owners were very friendly and the price was great. Since moving to Santa Clara it has gone downhill. The son is not friendly at all, he makes me not even want to go here. He's quite rude. If business has gone down I'm guessing its because of him. Te food is still good but now it's more expensive. In Campbell I used to switch the salad for rice but the son says they don't allow that. I will continue to go back but I hope they make the son have an attitude change. I would go back a lot more if he wasn't there or at least acted like he cared of wanted to be.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

The food is always good. The rice is awesome! The owner is nice; the son can smile more and at least act like he's alive.

Reviewed July 27, 2012

Order combo, chicken/beef teriyaki plate ($9.70 w/ tax) w/ sauce on the side. The meat was very good and tasty. I even thought the beef was a perfect carne asada for tacos! The rice was a bit under cook but eatable. 2, yes two, pieces of broccoli florets, and maybe 1/2 cup of cole slaw that to me it was too bland.

Now, for almost $10 you would expect more food but personally I felt it was too little for what I paid for. Maybe about a cup total of meat, a bit over a cup of steamed rice, and the veggies mentioned above. Oh and size on the side well about a tablespoon. I guess I could ask for more sauce next time. Overall the food was good so I'm kind have mix feelings. I would probably return in the future if I'm in the mood for their food but probably not anytime soon.

They also have teriyaki burgers and teriyaki cheese sandwiches but haven't try those. It must be a favorite place for cops since during my 15 minute wait a few came in and out. So if you see cops don't panic, mostly likely they're having a meal....I hope...