“Does not welcome all kinds of people”
Review of Cherry Sushi

Cherry Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Cherry Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #298 of 430 Restaurants in Santa Clara
Cuisines: Japanese
San Jose, California
“Does not welcome all kinds of people”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I had a terrible experience at cherry sushi today. I went there a couple of times but after today i will never go there again. Usually they will serve you a complimentary bowl of miso soup when you arrive. When we came today and asked about it , the waitress said " we can but we dont have to ". The very next second a couple walked in and sat in the table next to us, they were served the complimentary miso soup immediately even before they were handed the menu. The same happened at another table as well. This made me feel quite upset ,and when I asked the manager , he said sorry we will not serve you. Without any reason or apology he was just rude. There food is not exceptional for the price i have had much better sushi at yuki sushi or 'sushi or sushi' which is just across the street. I will never visit here again because the staff is very rude and insulting for no reason.

• Visited August 2014

Middletown, California
“OK but not my favorite Japanese restaurant in the area.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Cherry Sushi is one of at least a half dozen Japanese restaurants within a couple of blocks along El Camino Real. I've eaten there three or four times over the past year. Their food is alright but I prefer some of the other restaurants. They have a kind of spaghetti as a side dish, which strikes me as a bit weird.

Visited March 2014
clarkston, MI
“Nice little gem”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

great place to kick back and enjoy some sushi. very unassuming and food was very good. Room isn't much for atmosphere but good company can make up for that.

• Visited October 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Great sushi near Silicon Valley, but noisy”
Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Sushi is great! We order 2 sets if Queen combo for 7 persons, 200USD each. Wasabi is fresh! I was surprised by the Sea Urchin! You can only have 2 little pieces, but in Cherry Sushi, you got 3-4 pcs! It tastes really good! Seaweed is crunchy, you find it's difficult to bite the seaweed us other restaurant! Here, you can bite it! One thing is that the environment is a bit noisy, we have to speak loud in order to let others be able to listen to me!

• Visited June 2013
San Jose, California
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

A friend of mine accompanied me recently to this stylish Japanese restaurant - we lost our favorite place in Sunnyvale, so we wanted to try out Cherry Sushi again. The food was very nice (we had a Bento Box with two items); the cost is a little higher than we are used to, but the ingredients were quite delicious. The service could be a little more attentive - in the beginning we had to ask for a refill of jasmine tea, and the request for a fork was filled with a bit of reluctance. Overall a good place.

• Visited April 2013