“For a Free City Art Museum it is excellent”

Triton Museum of Art
Ranked #11 of 37 things to do in Santa Clara
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Triton Museum of Art is a vital community resource that provides accessible exhibition and education programs, which promote a broad range of contemporary California art. Through our multi-faceted programs, we bring together the culturally diverse population of the Greater Bay Area to foster a better understanding of art and its role in building a strong community.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Triton Museum of Art is a free art museum, while it is relatively small, it has some impressive art pieces. There is a nice outdoor statue garden as well. I spent about 1/2 hour here to see the art displays and statue garden. There is also a gift shop at the museum. I parked for free on the street; there is also a small parking lot a bit further away by the historic homes just north of the art museum.

3  Thank mini

Reviewed May 13, 2014

When we moved to Santa Clara, we spent a few weekends visiting the area museums. We were very impressed with the Triton. The exhibit there at the time was wonderful and the gift shop was irresistible. Even the surrounding grounds and buildings were worth a browse. Overall, a very enjoyable afternoon.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I took my niece and nephew to the museum last week during their visit it was really nice. First of all, it's free, my kind of entertainment, but also, there is artwork from several different artist whom all have amazing talent. What was awesome was that my niece and nephew, even though they are young, 10 and 12 yrs old, they enjoy art. They have painting, sculptures, and even photos, at least some look like photo art. The only thing I didn't care too much for was the naked artwork or the women, in fact I got so embarrassed. But I tried to make the best of it and I apologized to them because I'm not sure if my brother would have approved. What I told them was that there is different types of art and what they saw before them, some people consider to be art. And to be honest, if it was just me, I would of had no problem, because this is art, but because I had two young kids with me, it took me off guard. I wish that there was a posting or something to warn you ahead of time so you can prepare the kids. But other than that, we had a great time and took lots of pictures. Don't forget to see the sculptures outside.

2  Thank HappyCamper70x7
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you are in the area, check out the free Triton Museum. Art exhibits rotate and there are several art events a year in the park surrounding the museum.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

It's small and cute and...FREE!!!!!

Right next to Santa Clara's City Hall and other buildings full of history.

The museum itself houses three exhibit rooms that contains local artists' work. The galleries change every few months or so. The main room is by far the largest with a high ceiling and plenty of light coming through the windows. The walls are painted a boring cream white but is necessary when displaying art pieces. You don't want the wall to be the center of attention now, if that was the case, then there's something wrong with the picture, lolz.

They do have a gift shop with a really nice lady that works there, who is happy to answer any questions you have of the place. She is also very honest. I asked her if it was okay to take pictures for my blog and she admitted that photography is not allowed but people do it anyways so it was okay. I ended up taking pics of the main room to show how spacious it is. =/ She told me that people hold their wedding receptions or after parties here.

There is also pamphlets next to the shop that gives not only the information of the museum but also of the other buildings surrounding it.

1  Thank Ecilaluvitall