“Quick fast and convenient”

Specialty's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 16 Bakeries in Santa Clara
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I've had breakfast and lunch here. What I've noticed and heard is that there are times when the place has only a few people and then times when people come in waves. If you get caught when the place is busy you may be standing around some time till you get your food.
The is good and not as salty as some of the fast food joints. Price is reasonable and you can place your order ahead online and pick up.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

The sheer volume of customers, which they handle quite well, is a testament to Specialty's quality. I used the high-tech ordering option (hey, this is Silicon Valley), and was pleased with the ease of use, and available options when ordering on the iPad (if this isn't your thing you can order at the counter the normal way). I chose the turkey-apple-brie sandwich on ciabatta and it came out hot, fresh, and delicious. Even the bread was very tasty as they bake their own. Being my first time I there I'd added a cookie to my order (hey, a guy has to make sacrifices for TripAdvisor reviews, no?). The cookie was outstanding as well, leaving me with the impression that their bakery alone would be worth a visit Many take their food to go, yet ample dining space both indoors and out accomodate the large crowds. It was crowded but did not feel crowded.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Super yummy croissants. Close to ES hotel. Pete's coffee is also inside. Disappointed they would not take my Pete's gift card :(

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a meeting here early in the morning and was pleasantly surprised by the coffee and pastries. Coffee was nice a dark, very bold tasting and the scone I had was very good.

I bet this place gets very busy during lunch and the morning rush, but would certainly come here again if I was passing through.

It's a good place to have a meeting because it is rather quiet.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

You can order your sandwich they way you want before you get there. You can eat in or takeout and pay quickly with convenient coffee/tea store right inside. A great way to stay on your diet or eat well if you have 30 minutes or less!