“Absolutely discusting!”
Review of St Francis Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Clara
St Francis Motel
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I knew this motel was going to be run down but all the other hotels in town were sold out so it was my only choice...I walked in the door and it smelled like cigarettes and dirty smelly socks but that was nothing compared to what I saw next...the shower was nasty with mold everywhere,and a piece of used soap was in the soap holder...I go to the bed and start unpacking a few items out of my bag when to my horror a big Brown bed bug slowly crawls into view on the headboard!!! To make a long story short I didn't even attempt to sleep that night (I had checked in around 11:30 pm)but I squished the bedbug,put my bags up on a table and sat in the middle of the bed on top of a white sheet with my iPad and regularly looked around me for any bed bugs....I killed 9 of them between midnight and 7 am when I checked out.needless to say the manager refused giving me any refund,AND said I must have brought the bed bugs in!! So anyhow if you love all creatures big AND small,this place is perfect!!

• Stayed: December 2013
10  Thank Renee B
There are newer reviews for St Francis Motel
Reviewed March 1, 2008

This place is beyond indecent. We paid for two nights but checked out early on the first morning due to the condition of the room.

Although the room rate was slightly below average for the expensive area, the state of disrepair (sagging roof, crumbling stairs, discolored carpet & dirty, leaky bathroom fixtures) made it practically uninhabitable. There was noisy, quarrelsome activity at all hours in the other rooms, and our room had a ragged, threadbare blanket on top of the mattress instead of a fitted sheet (with hairs stuck in it, no less!), not to mention the stains on the walls, carpet, and top blanket. The towels were also stained and threadbare.

I slept with my street clothes on and used a clean shirt to dry off after washing my hands and face. On the way out, another motel resident hit me up for money. Save yours and go camping instead--this place is a dump! At the time, it was the only place with a vacancy late-night, but I would rather sleep in my car than *ever* go back to this motel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank lem0ny
Best Western Airport Plaza
Best Western Airport Plaza
#11 of 75 in San Jose
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Santa Clara

Been to St Francis Motel? Share your experiences!