“I was panhandled by another motel resident”
Review of St Francis Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Clara
St Francis Motel
Ranked #28 of 32 Hotels in Santa Clara
Reviewed March 1, 2008

This place is beyond indecent. We paid for two nights but checked out early on the first morning due to the condition of the room.

Although the room rate was slightly below average for the expensive area, the state of disrepair (sagging roof, crumbling stairs, discolored carpet & dirty, leaky bathroom fixtures) made it practically uninhabitable. There was noisy, quarrelsome activity at all hours in the other rooms, and our room had a ragged, threadbare blanket on top of the mattress instead of a fitted sheet (with hairs stuck in it, no less!), not to mention the stains on the walls, carpet, and top blanket. The towels were also stained and threadbare.

I slept with my street clothes on and used a clean shirt to dry off after washing my hands and face. On the way out, another motel resident hit me up for money. Save yours and go camping instead--this place is a dump! At the time, it was the only place with a vacancy late-night, but I would rather sleep in my car than *ever* go back to this motel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank lem0ny