“Amazing course on the beautiful Pacific” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sandpiper Golf Club
Bakersfield, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Amazing course on the beautiful Pacific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Sandpiper is one of my new favorite golf courses. The scenery is stunning. The course is well maintained. The layout is challenging and aggressive. The staff are kind and helpful. The food is great for a golf course - I had a tuna wrap! I can't wait to go back and enjoy the course, the incredible weather, the challenge of play and to attempt to lower my score! Get to this place if you play golf.

Visited August 2013

Edgewood, Washington
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“GREAT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

Beautiful course. Staff was exceptional. The views on the back 9 cannot be beat. Located directly on the Pacific Ocean. Greens are QUICK! Lots of wind coming off the ocean makes the course tough. Bring your A game.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank HuskyFBtraveler
Ottawa, Canada
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Pebble's Little Sister”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2011

What a treat and what a surprise! We played Pebble and several other courses during a week long stay before arriving here. Sandpiper is a golf lovers golf course. We felt like we almost had the course to ourselves and the staff was outstanding. Beautifully maintained with fast greens ... and the back nine? Out of this world. 10 is like Pebble's 7 ... and the whole back nine is played along the ocean. Don't miss it ... it's an excellent golf course.

Visited May 2011
New York City
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 630 helpful votes
“If I could give it 6* I would”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

What a treat for anyone who loves golf. This is one of the most spectacular courses I have played. The setting is simply incredible. Most of the back 9 is on the cliffs overlooking a gorgeous coast line. Staff is great and the course maintenance is fantastic. The greens were some of the best I have played on--fast! I played Torrey Pines for the first time in June of this year and it did not compare for beauty and course maintenance and amenities.

I can't imagine anyone not loving this golf course. I wish it were closer to home.

Palm Harbor, FL
“Equal to an average municipal course”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

There are a few holes that are quite nice, in consideration of the view. Ironically, there is a large oil refinery that is not far off of the shore; which disturbs the view. Their signature hole #11 is beautiful, as long as you don't look at the oil pumping station just to your right, you can hear it though. I would give this course 4 stars for view but 2-3 for the actual course. First, they do not provide tees, other than the 3 in your cart. They don't even have them at the practice range. I had to use broken tees that I found at the tee boxes. Normally, I would carry them in my bag but I was on vacation and rented clubs. Rental clubs are good. Second, no towels or any amenities in the cart. We didn't even have water in the ball/iron clubhead washer but since we didn't have towels either, I guess we didn't need water. The greens had some kind of moss on most of them. I am not a grass expert but I know that your ball should not be bouncing along the green when you putt. The fairways were mowed just prior to us playing and I mean just prior. We played late morning and early afternoon and they were in front of us. After a while, we tried to hit near them. Childish but maybe they would get the point. The newly mowed grass left big clumps in the fairway. Real nice. We found about 30-40 balls. Sounds good except they were cut in half by the mowers and left there. We did not have a cart girl on our first day and did have a guy ask us if we wanted something on our second time out. In summary, this is an overpriced course that has potential. If you are serious about golf, don't go. If you just hack around and would like nice ocean views (except oil rig), then this is OK but pricey. I have played better municipal courses for half the cost.