“excellent food, excellent service”
Review of Trattoria Vittoria

Trattoria Vittoria
Ranked #108 of 531 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“excellent food, excellent service”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Loved the place. The food was exquisite. I had the Penne Putanesca, others in our group had eggplant parmigiana, and the ravioli stuffed with sausage and spinach. The food was fantastic, really authentic tasting, and the staff very accomodating. No complaints, really. Just a great experience, and not overly expensive either. We went on a week night, so it was not crowded.

Visited May 2013

Tiburon, CA
“Great food, reasonable cost”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good service, good food, house special lasagna $18, tortellini prosciuto $19, desert $6. Chianti wine $7/glass, or $32/bottle. Plenty of parking in parking garage nearby.

Visited May 2013
Camarillo, California
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent food. Fairly priced. Good service. Nice feel to the place. We had the homemade tagliatelle with a mushroom sauce. Also, the pork chop.was very good. Deserts were excellent.

• Visited April 2013
Riverside, ca
“Lovely restaurant...okay food...not a good value.”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Unsure about which Italian restaurant we wanted to try on a recent trip to Santa Barbara, we opted for moderately priced food with reasonably good reviews and a fairly convenient location. Well, it is a charming little trattoria with an ambitious menu and friendly staff. It is romantic for two. However, the first impression was tarnished by the rather stale (or over micro-waved) bread served at the start of our visit. the waiter was very pleasant, and did a great job of describing their several delicious sounding specials. We opted for the fresh vegetarian soup of the day and the special salad to share. Both were OK, but nothing "special." My husband ordered the sea bass with roasted potatoes...which ended up taking a long time to get becasue apparently the chef had difficulty fileting it...our waiter informed us when they had completed this process and announced that our main courses would now be forthcoming. The only problem was that in the process of fileting the fish (which did not in any way resemble sea bass) they left about 30 small bones for my poor husband to pick through (or choke on). Because our waiter was so nice--if clueless--we chose not to complain...lesson learned...never go back. By the way, my eggplant Parmesan was very fresh, barely breaded, and very tasty. However, my side of penne was late in coming because the nice waiter confused my order with someone else's and twice brought me the wrong pasta. To top off the evening, we ended up spending $100, including tip, for one soup, one salad, one glass of house Chianti, one questionable fish dish, and one eggplant Parmesan. Not the greatest value we have ever experienced. We were not unhappy with our evening...but we will never go back. Lesson learned.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank adelaidetaylor
Santa Barbara, California
“Downhill in a big way”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've been to Trattoria Vittoria a number of times over the last couple of years (we live in SB), and it's always been very good. I have to say that our last visit, February 20, was disappointing to say the least. It was my birthday, and I specifically asked my husband to take me there as I've always enjoyed the food, particularly the caprese and the calamari. The ambiance was always nice and in the past the service was good. I ordered the caprese, I wish I'd taken a photo but I didn't think of it. A couple of pieces of cheese laid over tomato slices with a couple of tiny bits of shredded basil. No balsamic/oil, no nice basil leaves. Really lame. When I was finally able to flag down the waitress (they never came by to check on our satisfaction with the appetizer), I asked if they'd changed management or the chef. She said no, but there was a new salad person in the kitchen - not a valid excuse, but that's what I was told. Nor did she ask if everything was ok. The rest of the meal was ok, service was only so-so, and there were less than a dozen people in the place so again, no excuse for poor service - it should have been stellar since traffic was so low. It was a Wednesday in February, certainly not a high traffic time, but really, I was so disappointed that I'd selected this place for my birthday. Certainly not worth the $135 that we spent between appetizers, dinner and wine - won't happen again, nor will I recommend this place to anyone as I'd done before.

• Visited February 2013