A great little place. Nothing particularly scenic to look at - essentially a small motel wedged into an average-looking block - but tastefully and cleanly set up. The real surprise came upon opening the room door - a riot of cheerful colour in an expansive and well-appointed room. Incredibly comfortable bed, equally restful lounge, big bathroom, table & chairs - this place had everything necessary for a comfortable economical stay. The Indonesian host was genuinely and warmly welcoming, with a smile that truly reached the eyes. The parking situation is tight, but there’s overflow available next door. No issues.
What might be an issue is noise, at least for the rooms at the front near the road. Fortunately, I was in a top-floor room at the back (#23) which in addition to being charming, spacious and quiet, also had a pretty view over back-yards (incl. orange trees).
There’s a very basic breakfast, enough to get the day moving.
Overall, I was very happy with this place and would recommend it. State Street is nothing special at this location, but becomes quite interesting and hip further along (car required).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Agave Inn-a Shelter Social Club property is a small 13 room Inn. Free WiFi, free parking, coffee maker in all room and Ipod players in all rooms. Conveniently located close to Earl Warren Showgrounds, Sansum Clinic, Santa Babara Municipal Golf Course and downtown. We look forward to seeing you soon! While visiting please be sure to check out our restaurant- Sama Sama Kitchen -located in beautiful downtown Santa Barbara! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Agave Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agave Hotel Santa Barbara
- Agave Motel Santa Barbara