Coast Village Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$136
Harbor House Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$245
Hotels.com
Hotel Indigo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$202
$161
HotelIndigo.com
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$351
$300
  • Pool
Montecito Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Breakfast included
Harbor View Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$265
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Brisas Del Mar, Inn At The Beach(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsceiling fanbreakfast vouchersbed was comfortablenice toiletrieswalking distancebath productsking roomstaff was very friendly and helpfulheated poolstayed here for one nightmontecitolotionrefrigeratoroceaniron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Coast Village Inn just outside Santa Barbara in the rather genteel & well to do area, Montecito. On site parking was an extra $3 a day, which I would have preferred to be included at the time of booking. The location appeared very safe & secure, with numerous attractive & non -chain shops, cafes, restaurants etc.

Staff we encountered were always courteous & helpful.

The hotel is quite a distance from the centre of Santa Barbara, which I had not fully appreciated until we arrived. It took us 40mins to walk from the hotel to State Street (main street in Santa Barbara). However, there is access to a beach within 5-10mins walk (Butterfly Beach I think).The hotel did offer bikes for hire, but we did not use. There were buses into town but these tended to be rather infrequent.

Our room was a studio with a double bed & foldaway sofa bed. It was spacious and quiet, albeit rather dark. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean & fresh. It was cleaned & tidied to a high standard every day.

The TV was flat screen & a reasonable size for the room. There was also a DVD player but you would have to bring your own DVD's as there were none to borrow at the reception.

Bathroom was good with shower & bath combination. Shower control did require some adjustments to achieve correct & steady temperature. Lots of soft towels were provided.

There was a small fridge, but no coffee/tea maker or in room safe.Wifi access was free & appeared quick & reliable.There was an ice machine on site.

We enjoyed the good sized pool which was clean & well maintained. Separate towels were available by the pool.

There was no on site laundry facilities & the nearest launderette was in Santa Barbara itself, Montecito appearing rather too upmarket for such a service.

Breakfast was not available in the hotel but they gave you $5 daily credit per person for breakfast at local restaurant Jeannine's, ( average price I think $9- $14) 5 mins down the road. The food at Jeannine's we considered to be very good indeed & the place was always full & had a buzzy, but laid back atmosphere. It offers breakfast & lunch but closes at 4pm.There is often a queue & breakfast is available only until 10.00am.

In summary, we were very satisfied with the Coast Village Inn & we had a relaxing & very pleasant stay in this lovely little hotel. I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2012

room number 18 is next to their laundry machines, which they begin using at 7 AM.

I complained to the clerk. She apologized and said she will take note not to put me in room 18 next stay.

There will not be a "next stay" thank you.

I did not pay $160 to be rudely awakened by washing machines. If one can't get restful sleep at a hotel, then it is useless.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rs011714f
Reviewed May 31, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time staying here and it was as great as I remembered it. I stayed last summer with my boyfriend and we decided to stay here again earlier this month. When we first drove in we noticed some upgrades. The landscaping looked amazing and it looks like they painted the hotel. I have read the other reviews and noticed people complaining that the rooms are too small. I talked with the front desk girl and found out the hotel was built in the 1930s which is why the rooms are on the small side. Aside from the room size, the hotel is very clean, charming, has comfortable beds and great service. The rooms are definitely worth every penny for what you get. This is the only place we will stay when visiting Santa Barbara!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank L2T1206
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Got this hotel on priceline and was quite disappointed. Rooms are tiny! I requested a change after walking in the first room, because it was shockingly small and the room had an overpowering smell of CarpetFresh or something like that. I assumed somebody had been smoking. The next room was just as bad. One queen bed and with a rollaway for our kids we could not open the bathroom door.

The bathroom? Had to sit sideways on the toilet because there was so little room between it and the wall. Shower stall was tiny as well. Next night we upgraded to a 'suite' which to my thinking was a regular queen room with a hide-a-bed, but at least it didn't stink of carpet cleaner.

The front desk staff was very polite and helpful, the grounds were well kept and the buildings, old as they are, are kept up pretty well. But I don't stay at a hotel for what is outside the room...

Room Tip: get a room on the back side of the upper building, away from street noise there
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Orovillain
Reviewed October 16, 2011

After check in the lovely girl at the front desk , I think her name was "Lila" approached us in the parking lot and offered to update our room to a King with a peek ocean view!
I was over the moon to receive this upgrade to say the least.. The room was on the small side but worked fine fir us, it was also tastefully decorated. The bed was a tad uncomfortable for me, I'm not sure if it was a cheap mattress or just old..
It could be easily remedied with a foam mattress topper if management was interested in improving the comfort of the bed without replacing it.
There is a small bar and restaurant which was convenient for a nightcap and breakfast. You get a $10 discount on breakfast.
I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: We had room 24 close to the pool with a peek ocean view. perfect
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple