Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Breakfast included
Mason Beach Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$179
La Quinta Inn & Suites Santa Barbara Downtown(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$209
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$323
$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$322
$304
Kimpton
  • Pool
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$224
  • Beachfront
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$188
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$227
$179
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel virginiastate streetgreat locationhi expresshistoric hotelthe main streetfree breakfastheart of downtownwithin walking distancecentral locationthe breakfast areashops and restaurantsthird flooryogurtwould stay here againstayed one nightrooms are small
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great Stay. 2 nights. Best Location in the City. Steps from everything. Room was super clean. TV was not all HD but was told that they are replacing with all HD TV's shortly...Staff was very friendly, especially a kid at the desk named Tanner (?). He helped me at the computer printer, ran upstairs to put in computer paper and couldn't do enough for us. What a nice young man, Thanks. We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top (3rd) floor if you can.
Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stan T
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Stan T,
Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our location and explore the city. Thank you for taking the time to mention our staff, they always appreciate reading positive reviews. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Great location. Room very clean. Beds comfortable. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make our stay perfect. Would definitely stay in this hotel again on our next visit to Santa Barbara!

Donna G.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Donna G
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear Donna G,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you were happy with your room and our location. We take pride in our level of service and it's always great to hear feedback that our staff went above and beyond. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We (wife & 2 sons) spent 4th July here and found it very good. I have to say the room was rather small (from the escape plan map, I think most were bigger) but the location was excellent (just off the main drag) and the staff uniformly friendly and helpful.
Everything was clean and the free breakfast was as good as could be expected.

Room Tip: Better not to be at the front of the hotel - I suspect the rooms could be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ashley H
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Ashley H,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I'm happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location for the July 4th holiday! Thank you for the compliments on our service, the staff always appreciates being mentioned in reviews. We hope to see you next time you are in Santa Barbara!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Several of my friends and I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, and we had an amazing time. The location is absolutely perfect if you want to go to the beach or hit the bars and restaurants on State St. The rooms were really clean and nice, they have parking, and all of the staff were extremely kind and accommodating. My brother worked with Douglas Anderson at the hotel to book the rooms for our group, and he went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of and happy. I will absolutely go back to this hotel, and I encourage anyone else going to Santa Barbara to stay there as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Evan N,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read that we exceeded your expectations. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time to acknowledge our staff. We enjoyed having your group here and invite everyone to stay with us again. Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed one night with two of my children. Their room was fine but my room had a strong urine smell - I would have changed rooms but it was late when we got there and the kids were happy and settled in the room next to me. I don't know if this is a common occurance in this hotel but I had read about it in reviews from other reviewers but had expected that the hotel would have done something about it by the time we got there.
It is well located close to State Street - go there for breakfast as the breakfast at the hotel is very ordinary. And make sure you are happy with the smell of your room before you settle in !

Room Tip: Do the smell test first !
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Kim S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear jeff r,
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of our close proximity to State Street. I'm very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. I want to assure you that the Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness, and quality of its product. I have spoken to housekeeping about the issue and they will be taking extra measures to assure that it does not happen in the future. We take all reviews positive and negative seriously, and your feedback will help us improve. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Santa Barbara.