I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past years, but this was definitely not your "typical" HIE - definitely a BIT more upscale than their usual Express locations (although that was reflected in the price - approx. $170/night during the slow month of January...ouch!).
Overall it's a very decent hotel, located just steps away from key tourist areas in and around Santa Barbara. Walking distance to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go as a tourist, and fairly good dining options in and around the immediate area. Breakfast in the morning was fairly basic, but not too shabby to get your day started.
As you can see via the pics I've posted, the room itself is fairly basic, although the bed is comfy, the bathroom well stocked with the usual amenities, very clean with fast wireless and huge selection of TV channels - can't really complain. The overall "Spanish" theme/architecture of the hotel and rooms was pretty neat and made the hotel stand out a bit more. The balcony at the end of the hallway for guests was pretty nice, and you could catch a pretty nice sunrise/sunset view from there as well.
The parking is a bit tight, no doubt, but they seem to have a fair bit of space on either side of the building (for an additional $9/night).
Overall I think this is a pretty decent hotel choice (from the perspective of a tourist), although if you have access to a car I would think about considering other hotels in the area if price is a factor as this hotel is quite pricey. Although it's very nice, I don't quite see the full value of what was offered for the nightly room rate. 4/5 stars overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a half block from State Street in historic Old Town Santa Barbara, the Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara provides luxury and convenience for the sophisticated traveler. Downtown shopping and restaurants are steps from your door, and the beach and Stearns Wharf are four blocks away. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast served weekly from 6:30AM-9:30 am and from 7 am to noon on weekends as well as free WIFI throughout the hotel. As a pet-friendly hotel, we welcome furry companions for $45/stay (up to 2 pets under 50 lbs.). We offer affordable parking to our guests at a rate of $14/day for 2016 and $16/day as of January 1, 2017 as well as complimentary bike rentals, and nearby, off-site swimming pool and 24-hour fitness facility access. Stay with us in the heart of Santa Barbara, where you are steps from all the city has to offer! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Orbitz so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Holiday Inn Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Holiday Inn
- Santa Barbara Hotel