I've stayed in a few Holiday Inn Express hotels over the past years, but this was definitely not your "typical" HIE - definitely a BIT more upscale than their usual Express locations (although that was reflected in the price - approx. $170/night during the slow month of January...ouch!).
Overall it's a very decent hotel, located just steps away from key tourist areas in and around Santa Barbara. Walking distance to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go as a tourist, and fairly good dining options in and around the immediate area. Breakfast in the morning was fairly basic, but not too shabby to get your day started.
As you can see via the pics I've posted, the room itself is fairly basic, although the bed is comfy, the bathroom well stocked with the usual amenities, very clean with fast wireless and huge selection of TV channels - can't really complain. The overall "Spanish" theme/architecture of the hotel and rooms was pretty neat and made the hotel stand out a bit more. The balcony at the end of the hallway for guests was pretty nice, and you could catch a pretty nice sunrise/sunset view from there as well.
The parking is a bit tight, no doubt, but they seem to have a fair bit of space on either side of the building (for an additional $9/night).
Overall I think this is a pretty decent hotel choice (from the perspective of a tourist), although if you have access to a car I would think about considering other hotels in the area if price is a factor as this hotel is quite pricey. Although it's very nice, I don't quite see the full value of what was offered for the nightly room rate. 4/5 stars overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a half block from State Street in historic Old Town Santa Barbara, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel Virginia provides luxury and convenience for the sophisticated traveler. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast served daily from 6:30AM-9:30AM daily. Downtown shopping and restaurants are steps from your door, and the beach and Stearn's Wharf are four blocks away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara Hotel Santa Barbara
- Holiday Inn Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Holiday Inn
- Santa Barbara Hotel