“Hotel was fantastic - quiet, friendly, clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Vancouver, Canada
“Hotel was fantastic - quiet, friendly, clean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2010

Spent 4 nights at this lovely hotel. Frank was fantastic. Couldn't do enough for you. We had a room with a kitchen, clean and well equipped. Bed was great. Location is walking distance to a lot of great restaurants. Price was very affordable for the area. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

I will admit, we pulled up to the hotel in the dark as we were behind schedule, and the place did not look that great. Parking seemed to be limited. However, the manager Frank was very hospitable, and I swear he is one of the nicest people we ever met. The room was a little different, comfortable enough, and it had a huge shower. In the morning, Frank had these huge pastries that he loves getting people to take. Even though we had to check out in the morning, Frank offered us the use of the hotel's beach mats and chairs to take over to the beach which is about a block away. He said we might see dolphins frm the shore- I didn't believe him, but we did! About 4 dolphins swam by, one of my favorite moments of the trip. My 9 year old son also had an excellent time in the pool. Aside from the hotel, later in the day we did some hiking at Rattle Snake Trail which was recommended by a few people---we ended up getting lost, so be careful if you go there. The trail is not marked well at all.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Silver Spring, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

Stayed two nights on our visit to Santa Barbara...room was big and beautifully decorated...terrific free breakfast...very helpful staff...very close to beach. Recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Milano
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

We stayed here for just one night during our trip from LA to San Francisco but we had a great time. Frank (the manager) is a polite and friendly guy who makes all he can to let you enjoy your staying at the hotel. The room was spacious and very clean, a soft and queen size bad and in the morning a satisfying breakfast with wide choice. We strongly suggest this hotel and we hope to come back as soon as possible!Thank you Frank!

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank robyorso82
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

this hotel is great value for the money. we slept amazingly in a very comfortable king bed. we were on the upper floor but i didnt htink the walls were exceptionally thin or that the rooms were cheap or really that frank was pushy- he's helpful! and why do you care if he's picking out brioche for you?

the hotel is about 5 miles from santa barbara so if you arent driving, its not right in town. we thought it was great and would return.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

We stayed here for a couple of nights in Santa Barbara.
We were unlucky with the weather it was cold and rained. It was also very windy.

Upon arrival at the Inn we met Frank who like others have stated is a very friendly guy and very helpful. He gives you lots of info about Santa Barbara which is really helpful.

We ate at Woddys which was a local state house type place. Not good if your vegetarian but meat eaters will love it.

The Inn rooms are basic but clean. It did get cold so we put the heating on which helped. The front door caused a draft so we put the big blue cushions by the door and this helped. It was windy so the door did rattle a bit but the cushions helped.

Frank in the morning for breakfast can be over powering. The muffins, bagals and pastries are the biggest ive ever seen. Be warned if you have any pastry he does take it out your hand and before you know it, its in the micro being heated up!!
There is lots to choose from and you have to take it back to your room or eat it outside. As it was cold we eat in our room which was fine.
Frank does like to feed you up and im sure he buys enough food to feed the whole of Santa Barbara!!
Overall if you want cheap and cheerful with a good breakfast then its the place to stay. If you want luxury then dont stay here.

We didnt use the pool but did find that it was a bit neglected and there were leaves in there.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wallacethedog
Sacramento
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

The rooms in this hotel have been renovated and are very nice. However, the hotel is really just a renovated fifties motel. The pool was filthy the day we spent there and the grounds are not much to speak of. I did not care for the service either. I asked for a wake up call for 6:45 am and the staff person seemed really put out and told me there was an alarm in the room and I could use that. I told him that I felt uncomfortable relying on a alarm clock I was not familar with and I wanted the wake up call. Although I did get up in time I did not receive my wake up call. The continental breakfast was not much and did not start until 7:30 am barely giving me enough time to grab something before I had to leave. I have been traveling a lot recently for business and taking my husband with me and we both agreed this was really one of the most disappointing hotels we have stayed at. I would recommend the motel 6 which is very close over this hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business