“Great hotel for price” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 51 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great hotel for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Husband and I stayed here for two nights on a quick getaway. We had a lovely time! As others have said, Frank the owner is very hospitable and has tons of great recommendations and coupons. State Street and the Pier were a quick bike ride away and the beach/bike path are just two streets over. Room was very clean and perfect size. Would definitely recommend this place! We'll be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! It is so good to know that you enjoyed your time with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with Frank and the rest of our Team! I certainly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara!

Christina Montalvo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Reasonably-priced for the accommodations, Inn at East Beach is located close to the beach and within walking distance of the boardwalk/pier. You're not getting a 4-star hotel, but you're also not paying those rates. What you get is a friendly staff, clean rooms, a good free breakfast, excellent parking, soft beds, cable, and a generally quiet sleep. In addition, they offer bike rentals with free beach towels and beach toys for kids (buckets & shovels).

My only negative is the walls seemed to be a bit thin in our room. We could hear the people above us, as well as next door. This is really the only complaint, and it's fairly minor...didn't affect our sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I do understand about our soundproofing and am hoping to have an update on it worked into our next renovation budget! I am so very happy to hear that it did not take away for the enjoyment of your stay however! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again very soon!

Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

At first we were alarmed by the low price however based on other reviews here we opted to try it. I am glad we did, this was one of our favorite hotels on our trips which consisted of other hotels nearly 8 times the price.

First of all, great location. Just across from the beach and bicycles and other beach utilities are provided by the hotel. Second of all, lovely rooms, really nice. The only issue I would raise is that there is no air conditioning, this may be a problem if it is very hot. They work hard to ensure you can ventilate other ways and provide plenty of fans etc.

We were greeted by the best host we have ever met who couldn't have helped us enough during our stay. Very friendly and knowledgeable which really complimented our stay.

If you are looking for a hotel in Santa Barbara for a few nights do not hesitate to book this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your feedback! It is so nice to know that you had such a great time with us! I will be sure to share your kind words with the rest of our Team! I do hope we will get to see you again on your next visit to Santa Barbara!

Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Frank makes this place! From the minute we arrived he was super friendly and made us feel right at home. The Inn is just a short walk across the street from the beach. State Street is in walking distance or a quick cab ride away. Rooms were clean and big. Would stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!!! I will be certain to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team! I do hope we will have the opportunity to see you again very soon!!!

Tampa, Fl
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

We arrived and were greeted with a friendly manner. We had requested NO stairs to the room, and were informed one room had no stairs and the other had about 7 steps down to the room. We request this as my husband had back surgery, and there was no help with luggage.
We did believe that this hotel was a walk to the beach, not! It is a drive down the hill, about a mile to the street that has the beach.
The room was clean and basic, the bathroom carpet was a bit strange, how is it cleaned? The bathroom was modern and the sink large. The bed was comfortable even if a little lumpy..but the biggest problem was the sound. We had just come off a 16 hour flight...drove an hour and half to the hotel and obviously were tired. That night, every time the people above us got up to use the bath....the sound was loud. In the morning when they showered, it was like we were standing beside a waterfall.
The breakfast pastries were good, we were lucky the weather was nice enough, as the tables are outside, so we did need a jacket. Coffee fantastic.

Room Tip: If you can carry your stuff..pick a second floor, first floor very noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank msmith
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! I am so very sorry to hear that you did not truly enjoy your time with us! It is rather unfortunate that our property is located on a hill, forcing us to utilize numerous sets of stairs, even on the first floor. This makes it so that we are unable to place two seperate rooms of guests traveling together in the same area that has absolutely no stairs (should both rooms be of the same room type). We certainly did try our best as those are the only two rooms of that room type that we have on the first floor. I do apologize for this! I further apologize for our soundproofing! I absolutely understand how you feel and am currently working to have updated soundproofing worked into our next renovation budget! I must say that I am rather confused as to our location to the beach. You mentioned needing to drive down a hill? However, I am looking out our front doors now and am able to see the beach just through the block in front of us. It truly is just one block away. All you would need to do is walk through the Hyatt's parking lot across the street and you are there! Again, I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay! I do hope you might decide to give us a chance to turn that first impression around someday!

Venice
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed here just for one night. The inn was super cute and our room was amazing. The room was nice and big and very clean. We arrived about an hour early and were still able to check in. The check in process was absolutely hassle free, and we were assisted by the nicest woman! I would definitely stay here again and will be recommending to others!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave us your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I will be sure to share this with the rest of our team! I hope we will see you back again very soon!!!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here in January for one night, and would definitely recommend the place. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, really made you feel welcome. The rooms were really big, nicely decorated, and very clean. Massive bathroom area, with double sinks!! Location is good, a long walk or cheap taxi from State Street. We were lucky with the weather, so were able to swim in the Pacific, which is just a couple minutes walk away. The only negative I can think of is the sign by the pool. Anyone who has been there will know what I'm talking about ;). Overall, great little place for a good price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
InnatEastBeach, General Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you for your feedback! It is so nice to hear when our guests enjoy their time with us! I do understand what you mean about the sign. I find it unflattering myself. Unfortunately, it is required to be there by law. I do apologize! I hope this will not deter you from coming back to visit us as I do hope to see you again!