“Very happy with this choice!”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very happy with this choice!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a small, boutique hotel that appears to have been built in the 50's or 60's and has been updated and lovingly maintained. It retains that "mid-century modern" retro feel, and adds a very personal touch with the management. The hotel itself is across the street from Hyatt Santa Barbara, one short block off the beach.

The room I had was on the second floor overlooking the pool, and was much larger than I would have expected, and the prices for this hotel were considerably lower than any other hotels in the area - with the possible exception of a couple that were not on my list for consideration.

Frank is a legend there - he and his wife have apparently been managing this property for some time, and he has a huge personality. He is friendly, personable, and will go way over the top to make sure you have what you need to have a pleasant stay. He is also extremely knowledgeable about places to see, to eat and how to get the most from your stay.

The hotel offers bicycles for guests, sun chairs and boogie boards for playing at the beach, a wonderful free breakfast with fresh pastries, teas, and more.

I loved all of this. The only detractions; my room had a mildly unpleasant odor when I first arrived, bot bad enough to ask to be moved, just a bit musty. The older wood frame construction means that if you are on the first floor, and you have someone over you, you might hear them walking and the ceiling creaking a bit. You might also hear some traffic noise; the walls are a little thin.

None of these detracted from my enjoyment of the hotel. I would stay here again without hesitation. If you need room service, and do not want an outside entrance to your room, or are a particularly light sleeper who would be disturbed by some light traffic noise or from your neighbors - this might not be the right place for you. I found it to be charming, and a great value.

Room Tip: If you stay in an upstairs room you won't have people walking around above you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mark!

Thank you for your feedback! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I do agree that our soundproofing can use some updating and am currently trying to work that into our next renovation budget! Your feedback may help me move that along! Thank you!!! I do hope we will get to see you again soon!

Christina Montalvo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here for a night after reading all the reviews and the reviews are spot on! This place is a hidden gem about 5 mins (walk) from the beach. There are no cons, here are the key pros:

- Frank is amazing. We were the last guest to arrive (past their closing time) -yet Frank was polite and courteous. I then broke the key(?!) and so had to bother him again. He was super nice about it. When we left he had some toys to give our little guy and he was obviously thrilled.
- Rooms are very clean and have all the basic amenities
- Breakfast includes a ton of items - they pack in a ton of stuff into that small reception area, amazing use of space
- Best price we could find at the time we traveled

Room Tip: We found a good deal for the room on TripAdvisor, which had a link to a priceline page with the spec...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am just thrilled to hear that you had such a great time with us! Frank is a card, isn't he? Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave your feedback! I will be sure to share this with Frank and the rest of our Team!!! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again real soon!!!

Troy, New York
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We've stayed here twice now, a couple years apart. This is a hotel with personality. The hotel is on a number of levels. If you have trouble with stairs, say so when you make reservations as there is no elevator. Rooms are clean, not luxurious but nice. Both visits were short so we can't judge long term housekeeping. The website is accurate re the hotel. We had a room on the top level last time and could see the mountains on the right and the Pacific on the left. Perfect for winter weary New Yorkers. Nice patio for breakfast or whatever. Breakfast was good Continental, with bagels, pastries, cereal, fruit, etc. All served by the highly hospitable Frank in his trademark Hawaiian shirt. He also rented me a comfort cruiser bike so I could ride the bike trail along the beach. I promptly crashed into a large decorative plant. He was so gracious about it! Frank also helped me with an emergency work scan/email. None of us used the pool but others did and it looked clean and nice. Parking is right there and included, a plus in the area. Good value in an expensive town. We will be staying there any time we visit Santa Barbara.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms are close to the pool, uppers have more stairs to cart your luggage up but a nice...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jem0044
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Guest!

I am just overjoyed to hear about your wonderful stay with us! Thank you so very much for leaving your feedback for us! I had to chuckle a bit at the part about the cruiser in the plant as that is absolutely something I would do! Thank you for sharing! I do hope we will get to see you agian soon!

Happy New Year!

Fresno, California
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our anniversary and were very pleased with our choice. Never having stayed in Santa Barbara before we took a chance based on the price, location, and reviews and really hit the mark with this one. It's a very charming facility in a great location. The rooms are not luxurious and we did not expect them to be at this price but they are attractive with modern details and the bed is very comfortable. The breakfast offerings are better than average with delicious pastries and good coffee. The manager is wonderfully helpful and friendly. If you want a great value within walking distance to the beach, this is it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Christine B
Dear Christine!

Thank you so very much for your feedback! It is always great to hear what our guests think! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great time with us! I hopw we will get to see you again in the future!

Kind Regards!

Auburn,CA
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We enjoyed our 2 nights at the East Beach Inn.
Important: Book this room at the Inn’s web site for the best price.
Our room was both charming and stylish’ with comfortable beds, easy to control temperature, nice grooming products, and double sinks.
The most fun was a super breakfast presented by Frank, the manager, who will start your day on a happy note. There were about 15 different choices of pastries, quiche, boiled eggs, 10 kinds of cereal, 15 flavors of tea, Kona coffee, fresh fruit, and assorted breads (my favorite was the raisin bread). You can sit on the patio that overlooks the pool, or you can take your breakfast back to your room.
East beach (with lots of beach volleyball) is nearby, so there are lovely places to walk with views of both the ocean and the mountains.

Room Tip: Be aware that, except for a couple of rooms, you will not be parking your car close to your room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sssnancysss
Dear Guest!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! It is most important to us to hear your voice! I am extatic to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! I do hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you again sometime soon!

Ireland
Reviewed December 21, 2013

My friend and I stayed in Santa Barbara for a night on a 3 and a half week roadtrip around west coast America. I had read the reviews of the Inn at East Beach but we even more impressed when we arrived. The rooms are absolutely beautiful! They have obviously been recently renovated and very stylish. Really impressed. The pool was outside our door but we didn't use it. Breakfast was also included which we ate outside. Good selection! Frank and Christina were both very friendly and helpful. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always so nice to hear when our guests have had a great time staying with us! Thank you for leaving your feedback for us!!! We are very happy to have shared time with you!!! We all hope to see you again very soon!!!

Kind Regards!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Frank was so great, the rooms are newly decorated and beautiful. Walking distance to the beach, trolley to State street is only .50 and because we are seniors only a quarter for us! I know if we go back to Santa Barbara this is where we will stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback! I will share this with the rest of our Team! We do hope to see you again!

Kind regards