“A Friendly Place to Stay”
Review of Inn At East Beach

Inn At East Beach
Ranked #31 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I recently spent two nights at Inn at East Beach in Santa Barbara. The Inn itself is only a block away from the beach (we could see the ocean from outside our 2nd story room's door, where two chairs allowed us to sit outside in relative privacy in the evenings). The room is big, comfy, clean. But the BEST part of this Inn is Frank, who, if you're lucky, is the one who greets people as they check in, and who arranges the scrumptious breakfast each morning. It was, by far, the best breakfast we had during our 2 week California stay. Delicious pastries, fruit, bagels---but all from a class act bakery, not Costcos. The Inn has bikes for you to rent (well worth it in Santa Barbara), and an outdoor pool. I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: I always prefer the 2nd story...but you'd need to be able to climb stairs. The Inn has an intern...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StaceyLeeDee

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I usually don't write reviews. unless its supper good or supped bad.
Check in was great. Frank is supper nice guy.
Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast was very good for continental breakfast menu.

My wife and I loved that it was close to everything and at same time farther way to be on a quieter side.
Would highly recommend and would love to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at the Inn at East Beach with my family for a couple nights on a recent vacation. We chose this hotel primarily based on the positive feedback we saw on TripAdvisor. We were in Santa Barbara at the tail end of Fiesta, so it was pretty hard to find a room anywhere in town.

The Inn at East Beach is not right on the beach, but it is an easy 3 minute walk to the water. The hotel itself is rather understated but very well appointed. The rooms aren't fancy, but they are nicely appointed with everything you need for a stay at the beach.

Frank the manager is a trip, he's very fun and very involved in the activities in and around the hotel. But the service was quite good, and the all the hotel common areas were clean and inviting. The breakfast at the Inn at East Beach was particularly inviting, they offer all kinds of delectable pastries, oatmeals, teas, etc. to satisfy most of your breakfast desires.

If you're staying in Santa Barbara, you have a lot of options that range from super expensive to just expensive. We were very pleased with the service and quality of the room and service we got at the Inn at East Beach, it was a great balance between paying an obscene amount for a really nice room and paying way too much for a poor quality room. If we head back to Santa Barbara or discuss our trip with friends, we would definitely recommend this hotel as a fun and reasonably-priced option in an expensive town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Counterweight
InnatEastBeach, Front Office Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will share this with my team! Thank you for your feedback as it is how we learn what is most important to our guests and how to best improve! I do hope we are afforded the opportunity to see you again!
Christina Montalvo

Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here when in town for a friends wedding. Front desk was friendly & easy. Clean, well decorated room with all of the necessities! Stated w out 5.5 month old baby. All was great & delicious pastries in the morning!

• Stayed: July 2013
InnatEastBeach, General Manager at Inn At East Beach, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We all hope to see you again on your next trip to Santa Barbara.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great location, rooms and staff. Just 2 mins from the beach and on a quiet road, whilst the 101 was not too far way the road noise wasn't a problem. The staff were great, really friendly and helpful. Also the hotel provided items we didn't expect, towels for the beach, some beach toys (bat and ball, frisbee) and also some beach chairs which we took advantage of and was a nice touch. Cleaning staff were first rate (best of our entire trip). A small heated pool was quite nice at the end of the day to play around in.

Breakfast was nice (closed a little early) although we did miss the waffle iron which for international visitors is a novelty and nice treat and could be a consideration for the owners to add. Whilst we drove everywhere you can walk to the main street in c25 mins along pedestran boulevards.

Just two points to note:
1. Breakfast is to 9:30 (a little early for my teen daughter) and seating is outside (a little chilly)
2. We had a couple of disturbed nights sleep due to quite a lot of noise leakage between rooms, something other guests mentioned as well. I'd advise asking for a top floor room which will help a little..

PS Avoid Solvang (imagine a Disney version of Europe) but do go to Los Olivos which was lovely and worth a half day visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor, the building originates from an earlier day where noise insulation wasn't t...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Inn at East Beach. This is truly the best reward as your feedback is how we learn what is most important to our guests and how we can improve! A later breakfast with waffle irons may be something we will consider in the future!

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate, noisy, experience during your stay with us. We do offer various solutions such as earplugs or offering a different room when there is one to offer, however, I understand that these solutions may not work for everyone. I do hope you would consider visiting us again and allow us the opportunity to show you just how amazing your time with us can be!

Linda Santana
Inn at East Beach

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Love this small hotel. Frank makes it an experience you'll never forget. Our room was luxurious and the bedding, furnishings and bathroom all of very high quality. The continental breakfast includes pastries, cereal, toast, boiled eggs and fruit. We loved that it was so close to the beach. Lots of beach toys to borrow too. The pool is warm and inviting. My only complaint would be that our room was right in the walkway and there was often noise late at night as people returned from having dinner (or from children who were out way too late and completely unsupervised by their parents!). Would totally recommend this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: Somewhere away from the walkway and lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! It warms our hearts to know our efforts have paid off and you have enjoyed your time with us! I will share your comments with my team! I certainly hope to be granted the pleasure of your next visit to Santa Barbara!

Linda Santana
Inn at East Beach

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Amazing stay, wish we would have stayed longer! To begin Frank was very welcoming when we arrived. He gave us coupons and maps and told us some good places to go. This was a breath of fresh air because usually when going places me and my boyfriend aren't treated as nice, I think because we are in our 20's. Here it was different. The breakfast was great and once again Frank was amazing. Bagels, hard boiled eggs, pastries, cereal,tea, coffee, and juice are some of the things offered.
The location was great. Easy walk/bike ride to downtown, the pier, and the zoo. You can rent bikes from the hotel, which was very convenient.
Room was nice and clean, however the pool looked a little dirty. Didn't bother me since it was too cold to get in the pool anyway, and it had been raining so that could be why.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple