“Carnitas Torta = AMAZING”
Review of Lito's Take Out

Lito's Take Out
Ranked #134 of 567 Restaurants in Santa Barbara
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

If you don't mind feeling a little crammed you have to try this place some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. Don't expect air conditioning or atmosphere only amazing food!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Based on seeing Guy Fieri's diners, drive-ins and dives, we decided to drive and give Lito's a try. I had the carnitas since that was what we had seen on the show. My wife had the chili colorado dinner plate.

As Guy mentioned on tv, the carnitas was some of the best I have tasted. It actually had a great flavor. You can tell he made it the way they showed on tv. Lots of flavor. The Chili Colorado was very tender and flavorful too, but not the best I have had (that honor would go to Montezuma's in Oxnard).

The place if very very small inside and the line is long. Service is rather slow, but worth the wait if you get a table since you can munch on chips and salsa. If you are in a hurry, get it to go.

We would easily go back for another plate of carnitas.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I don't get the reviews. I had the carnitas and tri-tip tacos, which were just OK. The portions were huge. I left very full after the two tacos.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

We first heard of this place on Guy Fiere's show Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. We were a little sceptical, but we're glad we tried it. The carnitas combo plate was full of yummy chunks of pork and the pozole was excellent! My 10-year-old daughter ordered the three chicken plate, and they were delicious too--topped with a generous helping of *fresh* guacamole.
Next time we even drive through SB, we're for sure going to stop here to eat. They close early, though (around 4 or 5 each day), so grab lunch there.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Saw this place on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives so had to try it. Some reviews said the people were rude. Our experience was just the opposite. The employees were exceeding kind and polite and the food was phenomenal. I had the chilequilles and they were some of the best I've ever eaten. My husband had the carnitas and those were also quite wonderful.

Place is just a hole in the wall but the food is worth the find. Love, love, love it.