In order to fully appreciate this fabulous treasure, you must be all of the following...
1) Hopelessly in love with your lucky travelmate
2) Without fear of losing communication
3) Without any troubles anchored nearby
4) Willing to choke on the hotel bill in advance and forget the costs thereafter (it is worth it)!
If you've read any of my other reviews, you know that I am happy to spend the money when it's worth it, but I can sporadically get a little irked when it isn't. This is one of those perfect places where money should not be dwelled upon.
(Allow me, if I may)
San Ysidro: sexy without trying.
It's cozy, no denying,
Those robes, you'll end up buying.
Whether or not, you tie the knot..
This is a weekend, not for naught.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Montecito foothills of Southern California’s wine country, San Ysidro Ranch has provided a tranquil vacation destination for discriminating travelers for over a century. Guests are drawn to the Santa Barbara hideaway for its blend of natural beauty, romantic heritage and classic luxury. Myth and history mingle in the lush garden where Vivien Leigh and Sir Laurence Olivier exchanged vows; in the setting of John and Jackie Kennedy’s honeymoon retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Ysidro Ranch, a Ty Warner Property Hotel Santa Barbara
- San Ysidro Inn