West Beach Inn, a Coast Hotel
Santa Barbara Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$269
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$239
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$309
$297
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Kimpton Canary Hotel(Santa Barbara)
$288
Kimpton
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Express Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$229
$213
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Milo Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$249
$224
  • Beachfront
Franciscan Inn & Suites(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$150
Best Western Plus Pepper Tree Inn(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$189
Ramada Santa Barbara(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$188
The Wayfarer(Santa Barbara)(Great Value!)
$208
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswine and cheeseacross the streetcontinental breakfastfree parkinggreat locationstate streetpool and hot tubmaster suiteharbor view roomevery eveningbagelsstay there againcrackersgarden patiothird floorwithin walking distanceturn down service
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is a real find. There is ample parking and it's easy to find. We had an excellent view of the beach from our second floor room. The pool is small but heated, and there is a hot tub -- we didn't actually use this, but people appeared to be enjoying it. It's really the location that is the best thing here. The room itself was large and modern, all the amenities that were needed, without being "luxurious", and the internet was free. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast is included -- the typical cold breakfast but a good selection -- and there is daily wine and cheese 5-7 (very average but drinkable/edible, a nice way to relax and chat at the end of the day). Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the beach
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 416Traveller2013
tstiff, General Manager at West Beach Inn, a Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. In this era of nickel and diming guests for every and all amenities we pride ourselves on offering all of our added value features free of charge: WIFI, parking along with our Wine & Cheese hour and breakfast in the AM. We look forward to your return visit here in Paradise!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Because the manager, Patricia is one of the rudest people I've ever dealt with. Booking.com recommended this hotel, I was looking for peace and quiet to work on my writing. The first night was nothing outstanding, the beds are too firm and I was next to a parking lot so lots of in and outs but nothing that would encourage a complaint. Then I wake the next morning to someone dragging furniture across the roof of my room. It went on for 30 minutes before I asked the housekeeping staff to pick up the furniture instead of dragging it back and forth. They apologized. That's fine, but the dropping and picking up of anything and everything began and I called the front desk. Patricia. There is no way her staff is disruptive and by the way its 10AM - so this is what happens at that time. Basically I needed to deal with it. I complained again at the front desk and Patricia offered to move me to another room I told her I just want to go somewhere quieter, after back and forth with her agitation inciting my agitation I asked for the manager's info so I can let her know that Patricia's attitude is that no one ever complains so if one has a problem with the hotel, its their problem. She told me its my problem and Its HER hotel and that Teresa Stiff has no more power than she. I asked for her number, she gave it to me when I called Teresa, Patricia answered and sent me to Teresa's voicemail. I wanted Patricia to call her on the phone in front of me since the number was just a runaround and Patricia then threatened to call security. She wanted to call security on me for being disruptive. I was staying in this hotel, they have my money. I told her to call security/police and on what grounds would they arrest me? Because I would not leave her hotel was her response. I decided to get my belongings and check out - as I left she said "You need to go!" from the front desk. So what could have been dealt with, by her just being a bit more respectful, less defensive and more professional. Its a 3 star motel with a 1 star attitude and it starts with the woman who is "in-charge" up front.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
7  Thank WPM1980

I apologize that your stay was less than expected and that there were some communication problems at the Front Desk. It's a shame that you didn't chose to be upgraded to a room in a different location as was offered.
I hope that you were able to verify that your Credit Card had not been charged for your room as Patricia ensured the Comp'ing of your entire stay for the inconvenience. We try to accommodate all of our guests needs with alternative solutions but it sounds like this instance would have never been resolved to your liking.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Whoever writes bad reviews about this place is crazy. For the money you pay and the location, this place is perfect! clean rooms, remodeled modern look & close to beach & State st. Had a great time with my girlfriend and everything was a short cab ride or a walk away. Sambos is a restaurant nearby, the pier is right there, bike rentals, state street. Friendly staff. I highly recommend this place for its location, price and cleanliness.

Room Tip: you can pay more for the ocean view but its not necessary
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass them along to all of our staff!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Had a room on the ground floor and was truly impressed by the size, cleanliness and modern amenities in the room. The rooms are comparable to a 5 star. Parking is available on the property but sometimes if you come very late at night you might not find a spot in the parking lot. However plenty of street parking available so its not an issue. They have a small pol which was used by quite a few guests, its not big for swimming laps but good enough to relax in during the summer months and enjoy a glass of wine which is served complimentary every evening with a variety of cheese. The lobby though very small is welcoming and staff is helpful and friendly.
Housekeeping is also excellent and gave us great service.
Overall a great place to stay in Santa Barbara.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank atabh
Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was perfect for our 5 nights just across Santa Barbara harbor
Nice room , nice view , friendly atmosphere
Wine and cheese social event every night to meet guests from all other
Nice hot tub
Friendly maids
We ll be back for sure

Room Tip: Ask for a harbor view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family