We stayed here at the beginning of April 2013 for Spring Break. I made reservations ahead of time through Expedia and got a relatively good price.
The property is located across the street from the marina and diagonal to West Beach. We were able to walk to the beach portion in about 3 minutes and Stearns Wharf (shopping, dining) in about 10 minutes. We also walked up State Street to get to more shopping and dining (about 15 minutes) although I would not recommend that at night.
The hotel was very comforatable. We did the free continental breakfast each morning (nice to sit by the pool for breakfast!) We also went to the wine and cheese thing one or two nights (5-7pm.) The room was cleaned very well and always done before we returned to our room by 4 or 5pm.
The only issue we had while here was that on two separate days the guests upstairs from us were running some kind of chimpanzee circus in their room each morning. However, when I called the front desk they were very helpful and the loud noises stopped a few minutes later.
The hotel has no restaurant, but Sambo's is a few-minute walk for breakfast and lunch and other restaurants are walkable within 15 minutes.
I really liked the grounds of this hotel - lots of tropical flowers and greenery. I highly recommend the property and if we're in Santa Barbara again, this is where we'll stay. It was nice, relaxing and attractive to look at and walk around.
Other notes: The Amtrak station is walkable to this hotel via State Street. It is about a 10-15 minute walk.
Activities/places we did while we were here and would recommend: Santa Barbara Mission, SB Botanic Garden, West Beach, Stearns Wharf, State Street, Carpinteria Beach, UCSB (biked it), Arroyo Burro Beach, Solvang
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara