I picked this hotel based on the positive reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed! We had booked two single queen rooms (2 nights); one room for I and my boyfriend and another for his father who is wheelchair bound. The customer service was wonderful. They even offered the handicapped room, when they noticed our father was in a wheelchair. (However that room is more expensive and with a kitchen, etc. We decided not to take it, due to the extra expense and extra space we didn’t need.) The gals at the desk were very nice and accommodating. They even called our taxi’s for us. We were pleasantly surprised by our hotel rooms. Our room was updated with modern decor, which was quite impressive. The bathroom sink area had granite countertops and upgraded faucets. Plus, each room had flat screen tv's! Very classy looking, very clean. We stayed in room numbers 204 and 210. Both rooms on the second floor and both garden suites. (They have a small elevator, also.) The garden grounds were beautiful! Beautiful palm trees, shrubs and flowers....lot's of birds singing...it was very relaxing! There’s even a lounging area on the second floor outside of the rooms where you could sunbathe or just read a book, while enjoying the great view of the gardens and ocean too. (We could see the ocean from outside the door of the 204 room.) The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were perfect! We slept wonderfully! After housekeeping they even leave little chocolate squares at your bedside, which was a nice little touch!! Both rooms are small, but the modern decor really made up for it in my opinion. They did a great job on decorating the rooms, from the modern lamps to the modern artwork on the walls, (which were nicely framed), even to the bedspread. It was like looking at a magazine. Each room came with two complimentary bottles of water. (Additional bottles cost $3/each, so just walk to the 7/11 close by and stock up, because there's also a small fridge in each room.) They have a heated pool and spa, with extra pool towels near the pool area for convenience. (So don’t bother bringing your hotel towels.) The pool and spa area was very clean and a lot of fun! They do offer a generous continental breakfast every morning, which included wonderful assortment of pastries (croissants, fruit danishes, muffins, coffee cake), yogurt, fruit, bagels, coffee, juices, etc. Much better assortment than any hotel we’ve been to. Plus, they offer fresh fruit and coffee throughout the entire day. The hotel is not far from State Street, which is where all the exciting stuff is! (Don’t miss seeing the Dog, Cat, and mouse all sleeping on each other!) If I were to give any advice to this hotel, I would recommend replacing the floor tile in the bathrooms. The tile is such that it looks dirty, due to the texture on it—it’s probably hard to clean. Only other recommendation is to include at lease 1 or 2 folding luggage stands, since there’s not a lot of space in the room, we had to place our luggage on the two guest chairs. I would have loved the extra room to sit down and make calls to future destinations, etc. Overall, I suggest staying at this hotel! It was a really great stay, definitely worth it! I would stay there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara