My wife and I stayed at the West Beach Inn on February 11, 2008. The weather during our stay in Santa Barbara and California in general was outstanding with warm breezes and bright blue skies.
The hotel property is in a nice location, right across from the marina/harbor. The hotel reminds me of an older apartment building that was rehabbed and turned into a hotel. All guests enter their rooms from the rear of the hotel facing the parking lot. Parking is free, which is a plus considering you're in California.
The rooms are well decorated and quite comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and we had a LG flat screen TV with lots of cable channels. The bathrooms have double sinks. The rooms also have a small refrigerator.
Our room was on the second floor and had a nice balcony, facing Cabrillo Street and the harbor/marina and also overlooked the pool/hot tub. The hotel property is also surroundered by large, skinny palm trees, flowers and fruit trees.
The main drag, which is State Street is about 2 blocks from the hotel and you can walk to downtown, or you can take the trolley. State Street is where the majority of the shops, galleries and restaurants are located.
The hotel offers a nice complimentary breakfast with coffee, juices, cereal, muffins and bagels etc. We did not take advantage of the nightly wine and cheese tasting, which is also offered.
The only problem that we encountered is that the hotel didn't have my reservation, which I had for 4 months. Evidently, this hotel and many others now use a 3rd party reservation web service for booking their reservations and the web service the hotel uses simply lost my reservation and didn't forward it to the West Beach Inn.
Fortunately, there was plenty of vacancies, so we still got our room, but make sure that you confirm your reservations directly with the hotel front desk before arriving.
Santa Barbara is a very beautiful, laid back part of California with lots of shops, galleries, wineries etc. to explore not to mention all of the ocean adventures that are available. It's very easy to see why they call Santa Barbara the 'American Riveria", with it 's gorgeous mountains, ocean vistas and warm temperatures.
We truly enjoyed our stay at the West Beach Inn and would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara