Stayed here for 2 nights in a harbor view room (2 adults 2 children). The location is great 5 mins walk up 2 stearns wharf directly facing beach. Area was safe with plenty of restaurants nearby.
A trolley leaves stearns wharf every 15 mins & for 25cent will take you up state street. This was a great service and we used it both evenings.
Check in was quick and receptionist was helpful with info. Our room was in the older wing if the hotel but it was fine. Room was big with 2 king sized beds and a big balcony with table n chairs. Only complaint was the small fridge was not working properly but there was an ice machine on our floor and the tea/coffee making facilities were in the bathroom; had to move them to make room for toiletries (not a big deal).
There is a laundry room here but do not use it my clothes came out with more stains than when I had put them in!
The pool area is nice, small but never had a problem getting a lounger. Breakfast is set up in reception area and is fine for something that is included. Tea/coffee/juice, fruit, yogurt, cereals, bread and pastries. We were there early and it was fine to move around but would hate to see it with more than 4 people in the area at same time.
Parking was free and there was always a spot. The hotel grounds were well maintained and even though I could have got cheaper accommodation further up State street but I knew I'd made the right choice with west beach inn when I saw how far away from stearns wharf and the beach they were.
State street is fantastic I would happily walk up and down here all
day, great shops, bars and
restaurants and the outdoor
shopping mall is adorable.
Do not stay here if u want fancy 4/5 star hotel DO stay here if u want a fantastic location, clean spacious rooms with free parking and complimentary breakfast
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The West Beach Inn is nestled in between the beautiful Santa Barbara Yacht Harbor and historic Stearn’s Wharf along Cabrillo Boulevard. The hotel is centrally located, only a few blocks from downtown Santa Barbara and steps away from the many beaches, restaurants and shopping areas. Complimentary wine and cheese and a deluxe continental breakfast are offered daily in our sunny lobby alongside the heated pool and large luxurious spa. Guest laundry facilities and Complimentary parking are available to all guests. All rooms and suites are air-conditioned and include in-room safes, refrigerators, high quality bathrobes, coffee makers, irons and ironing boards, hairdryers, cable TV including HBO, desks and telephones equipped with voicemail and automated wake-up call services. Complementary High-Speed Internet is available property-wide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your West Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Beach Hotel Santa Barbara
- West Beach Motel
- West Beach Inn Santa Barbara