Thanks to TripAdvisor reviews, we always seem to find that the hotel lives up to it's name. I loved being at this hotel because:
1. Dan was incredibly friendly and helpful. He gave us good information so that we could enjoy our stay in Santa Barbara. Thanks to him, we were pleased with all our choices.
2. Walking into the room, I immediately felt at home not like all hotels. The bedding and decor didn't look or feel so much as the normal hotel deco. There is a filtered water faucet in bathroom which is very handy making coffee or making sure you get hydrated enough.
3. I love the intimacy of the hotel, small, easy to just walk out your door as like a home.
4. Lots of light, two doors, one on the front side with a little patio and tables to sit and drink coffee. and the other door leads right to your car. There are lots of windows with plantation shutters for maximum privacy but also lets in light and still maintains privacy. This was a big point for me as sometimes I feel claustrophobic in a hotel room if it is too dark or too recessed.
5. Room clean and free of any odors or sprays to mask odors. Again, it felt like home to me.
6. My husband and I both slept very well which is not always the case in most hotels.
7. An easy walk to Amtrak train station which we rode up from San Diego County.
8. Walking distance to restaurants, the pier, the harbor.
9. Nice sheltered feeling, kind of off the main drag but yet close to it.
10. Two luggage holders where most rooms only have one and one person doesn't have a place to set their suitcase. Just showed consideration for all the needs one might have.
Last but not least, it was our 20th anniversary and it was certainly memorable and what we had hoped for.
After having stayed here, I would pick Castillo Inn again over all the places I saw while we were walking around primarily because of the intimacy and value for the place which was what we were looking for. Did I say this was a great price and value for what you get!!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Castillo Inn at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castillo Inn At The Beach Hotel Santa Barbara