I was originally planning to stay in Santa Barbara for a few days, but we decided to extend it a lot more. The rooms are basic and clean. Breakfast is limited, bagels, cereal, juice. We got a good rate of about 80-90$/night and we needed to spend about a couple of weeks in the area so this worked out well. The hotel is very close to places to eat, coin laundry, grocery stores, etc, so it suited our purposes. The hotel manager Shaun was very accommodating.
We returned again a couple of weeks later just for one night and the reception staff was a horror. We were checking in late on a weekend with no prior booking and he played on that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for business or pleasure, we invite you to enjoy the three-diamond amenities and services of the Sandpiper Lodge on Upper State Street. From our prime location on upper State Street, you are poised to experience all that one of California's premier destinations has to offer-beaches, gardens, museums, historical sites, dining, shopping, and entertainment. With well-appointed rooms and suites and a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers ideal accommodations for budget-minded travelers desiring a degree of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandpiper Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Motel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Inn Santa Barbara