Not knowing Santa Barbara, I left my hotel-fate up to the Hotwire Gods. Their choice... Sandpiper Lodge for $85/night on an early January weekend.
The Sandpiper is a good value for that price. It's a typical U-shaped motel with parking in the center and rooms around the parking lot. My room was on the end so I wasn't bothered by car noise. The water pipe noise from all adjacent rooms however.... pretty loud.
I appreciate having a fridge, coffeemaker, and microwave in the room. The room was comfortable and clean if a bit worn. The bedding was not soft -- a bit scratchy but for the price in a town like Santa Barbara, I should have expected such.
The continental breakfast was pretty good -- tasty pastries and plenty of them. The free wi-fi is a plus as well, though it was a bit slow for my Netflix.
If I was on a budget, I would stay at the Sandpiper again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for business or pleasure, we invite you to enjoy the three-diamond amenities and services of the Sandpiper Lodge on Upper State Street. From our prime location on upper State Street, you are poised to experience all that one of California's premier destinations has to offer-beaches, gardens, museums, historical sites, dining, shopping, and entertainment. With well-appointed rooms and suites and a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers ideal accommodations for budget-minded travelers desiring a degree of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Sandpiper Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Motel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Inn Santa Barbara