The motel is middle aged, with furniture from the 1980's. The room decor was average, but the amenities for a budget motel were above average.
The room had a comfortable bed and newly remodeled bathroom. The fresh coat of paint was salmon color. We stayed on a Monday night and the place was quiet. There was a strong smell of Eucalyptus tree in the room.
The front desk checked us in and out in less than a minute. The clerk was congenial and professional. There was a computer in the lobby to use for free.
We did not eat at the continental breakfast in the lobby because we wanted to eat a full breakfast that morning.
We paid less than $80, including tax, only about $5 more than the Motel 6 next door. The motel is on the west end of State Street, so it is necessary to drive or take a bus to get to the downtown and the other tourist sites.
We would stay at this motel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are visiting Santa Barbara for business or pleasure, we invite you to enjoy the three-diamond amenities and services of the Sandpiper Lodge on Upper State Street. From our prime location on upper State Street, you are poised to experience all that one of California's premier destinations has to offer-beaches, gardens, museums, historical sites, dining, shopping, and entertainment. With well-appointed rooms and suites and a heated pool and spa, the Sandpiper Lodge offers ideal accommodations for budget-minded travelers desiring a degree of sophistication. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandpiper Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Hotel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Motel Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Santa Barbara
- Sandpiper Inn Santa Barbara