“Lovely hotel/motel - basic but great value.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lemon Tree Inn

Lemon Tree Inn
Ranked #30 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
London, UK
“Lovely hotel/motel - basic but great value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on road trip from LA to San Francisco. A fairly basic mid-century hotel/motel, but well maintained and lovingly restored/refurbished to a very good standard.

Room was well maintained and good quality. Bed was comfortable and perfectly adequate.

We ate in the restaurant in the evening, which was good. Staff were very helpful and friendly at all times.

Great value for money, would recommend to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
SBINNKEEPER, Manager at Lemon Tree Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear kobebryantLDN,

Thank you for your excellent review! Our team strives to impress and I thank you on their behalf.

Our Crocodile Restaurant and Bar is a great find for travellers, we are happy you had the opportunity to enjoy the great food and friendly service.

We look forward to your next visit..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Slovak first
Krakow, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good choice for budget travellers, nice and celan property with really friendly staff. The location is quiet but not within walking distance of major attractions and beaches in Santa Barbara. Nice pool area. My room was OK, quite modern and very clean, the bathroom same. The food in the restaurannt was top quiality and fresh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had the King Jacuzzi Deluxe room. The Jacuzzi isn't worth to write anything about (It's just a bath) but the room itself is big, nice decorated and very clean with a nice balcony overlooking the garden. In the room you have a comfortable kingsize bed TV, coffee/tea making and safe. There's no fridge or microwave and the fridge I really missed during my stay.
The swimming pool is really nice place to relax and feels with the palm trees like a little oases.
The check inn was quick and adequate and parking is not a problem.
It;s very good value for your money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Lemon Tree Inn does not look like much from the outside, but the rooms are big and each room backs up to an adorable, spacious courtyard with lemon trees, a pool and hot tub. The first floor rooms have an outdoor space for eating or drinking coffee in the morning. Other reviewers mentioned the thin walls, but we didn't have any issues, but I think the rooms on either side may have been empty. The rooms are spacious and clean and the beds are comfortable. We had dinner at the Crocodile Cafe which was very good and convenient! Did not realize there was a fitness center - would have used it had we known.

Pros: Pool and hot tub; big rooms; free wi-fi; spacious vanity area - separated from the toilet and shower; flat screen TV; good restaurant on-site; super cute courtyard; friendly staff.

Cons: Small, thin towels - could have used an extra towel or two in the room to use for the pool.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Desert Hot Springs, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I had booked this hotel on short notice and had wanted a fairly inexpensive option that was close to downtown Santa Barbara. I stay in Santa Barbara for work sometimes and knew that State Street led directly into the heart of town so that was what I based which place I should stay at. It was a great price compared to other hotels in the area and I knew it wasn’t a high end hotel.

My friend and I had arrived extremely late and the night hotel employees were friendly, checked us in quickly, and gave us quick hotel information.

We had booked a two queen room and the room itself was quite large. The décor is what I would consider “modern” but the outside of the hotel is very retro. No fridge that I could see but there was a safe, an iron, a hair dryer, and a coffee maker. The hotel internet worked really well which made me very happy and the beds were decent to sleep on. Our room overlooked the pool area and it looked very clean and well-maintained.

I will say however, the walls are terribly thin. My friend and I had decided to sleep in the next day but were woken up by our neighbors’ loud talking through the walls. There seems to be a lot of spiders hanging out in the hotel and some came to visit us in our room but I attribute that to Santa Barbara being more bug friendly due to the climate.

I ran up and down State Street when I was there because I didn’t think there was a workout room but I did happen to walk by it on the last day after my run. Also, I was terribly thirsty after running and had gone to the lobby to ask if they had a water fountain and the front desk employee went to the on-site restaurant and got me a cup of water instead. I thought it was a very nice gesture.

Overall, I liked the staff and hotel location but the rooms needed improvement in terms of sound-proofing. Easy to drive to and from but a long walk from downtown.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was very surprised to find the Lemon Tree Inn. It is both affordable and a great retreat with lovely pool, hot tubs and a great little restaurant with surprisingly good food. I had an injury and could not stay on our boat, so the manager found me a great room with a private patio and in this case thankfully close to the ice machine. I had everything I could need and didn't have to leave!
In fact I would go back to the Restaurant for dinner, even if I were not staying there! Now that is something!
Thanks for such great comfort and service!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Issaquah, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just spent last Friday & Saturday in SB for a wedding. Suggested hotels were $350+ per night. Lemon Tree got great Trip Advisor reviews for half the price, so we booked. Very clean, fantastically remodeled 1950's motel. Room appointments, free parking & wifi (that worked), close to State St, etc. The BIG PLUS here: the pool area was spectacular! Our ground floor room opened onto a small lanai with a nice outdoor table & two chairs. The walkway off our lanai led us to the generous salt water pool, twenty feet from our room! Plenty of lounge chairs & tables w/umbrellas, ice machine twenty steps away. Late afternoon sun, after walking State St in the AM. Reasonably priced beverages from the on site Crocodile Cafe & Bar. Best deal in SB. We will return.

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms all had great lanai's, with your own table & two chairs, and are step...