“Looks cute, BUT...”

and 1 more site!
Lemon Tree Inn
Ranked #33 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We decided to take a last-minute weekender to Santa Barbara then found out there were almost no hotel rooms left! We felt lucky to get a $150 quote w/no minimum stay at the Lemon Tree Inn. It was very cute, was designed around a nice courtyard with a pool & the owners obviously tried to update it to be hip & midcentury modern in style, BUT...... it's still an old motel. The bathrooms in particular need a serious update. Gross old tile. Yucky towels. The shower went scalding, freezing, scalding, freezing. You wouldn't take a bath for ANY reason. Worst of all, the walls were like PAPER. I could literally hear the people next door speak, laugh, sneeze, flush the toilet, turn on the sink, blow dry their hair, etc. All of which they did until the wee hours of the morning. Sheesh! So please, Lemon Tree, keep working on your update! Put some money into the bathrooms, towels & some kind of soundproofing & then you'll really have something that people will want to return to!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheLastLaugh
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Inn

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This was our last stop before we returned to LA after a 2 week tour through CA. The room (downstairs) had a poolview. This meant the kids walked straight towards the pool. Don't worry the pool is fenced. So the kids were happy. The room and bathroom were clean. The bathroom could need an update. It was not in line with the sleeping part. For us it was fine.
But taken into account that the room was $150 excl. tax and no breakfast is included it is pretty steep. Of course it was our choice to book it. For others the expectation should be right. If you just want to relax it is fine. There were several families with kids as well as us. If you don't like that kind rumour think ahead before booking.

Sso in general the average score is because the price is not in line with the offered. It is however clean and spacious!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I read the previous reviews before I booked here, and my stay was just fine. It was a renovated place to be sure, but it was clean and quiet. It had a nice enough bar, and a tasteful lobby. Overall, had kind of a retro look about it. Its within 20 minutes walking distance of the mission, and lots of restaurants and smaller dives. Sure, it's not on the city's main drag, but you can easily drive downtown within a few minutes or access State St.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2011

The team was very nice at the reception. Coupled with the 200$ rate for the night, we had very high expectations for our stay! But we were so dissappointed when we discovered the room that is equivalent or worse than what you can find in a basic motel. and for that price, we were not even allowd to have a private balcony with a pool view when they claim that most of the rooms have it! and for that price, the breakfast is not even included! But the bathroom was the worse part of it with some broken stuff
But they have a very nice swimming pool.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
SBINNKEEPER, Manager at Lemon Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for you kind remark about our swimming pool. We do appologize for failing to meet your other expectations. Your stay was during the height of our peak season and unfortunately Santa Barbara's highest Hotel rates of the year.
We do have 3 guest suites that do not have a private balcony or lanai, which is like the room you described. Although these are our most modest rooms they are fully equipped with ammenities such as; Sony LCD TV with cable programming and free movie channel, Air Conditioning, Laptop Safe, Complimentary In-Room Coffee and Tea, Hairdryer, Iron and Ironing Board, Clock-Radio, and arrangement of toiletries.
The Hotel also offers a one-acre Tropical Courtyard with Hydro-Spa and oversized Swimming Pool and Sun Deck, Our Gourmet Restaurant "Crocodile", with a Fully Licensed Bar, 24-Hour Lobby, In-Room Dining, Elevator access to every room, and Free Parking.
Our Hotel rates are very competitive for Santa Barbara year-round and I hope you will shop the market to verify this and then visit our website and give us another chance.
We hope to have a Poolside Room available for you at that time, thank you.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

I lived in Santa Barbara for about 8 years many moons ago and had a mixed feeling about visiting again....my husband said let's go for a weekend so we did...I didn't want to stay in SB just because of old memories but we end up staying in the city and at Lemon Tree Hotel. Come to find out, it was located right across from my old job which made it weirder for me and I knew about this place...when we walked in, they had remodeled, made it really nice, clean, modern and also great front desk people. The room and bathroom was clean, balcony and pool nice. Just a simple nice place to stay at nights, chill for a little and then go out and have fun. We are going back and taking our two teenagers soon and thinking to stay at the Lemon tree again...
Just a note...we had our car but we didn't use it at nights and took a cab. It is a distance from downtown so you need a car or taxi to get to the heart of the town...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

In December I researched hotels for my guests to stay during my June wedding. The Lemon Tree had a very reasonable group rate and I booked five rooms on my credit card. I double checked three times (once with the manager and twice with the receptionist) to make sure I could add people to the reservation at the same rate. Before sending out my save the dates with the hotel information I called again to double check about the rate and adding guests to the reservation. After guests began calling to make their reservations I found out they were only honoring the price for the five original rooms. After multiple frustrating phone calls with the manager, during which she was extremely rude and hung up on me on one occasion, I decided to have my guest cancel their reservations and rebook elsewhere. It was a huge pain to contact everyone on my guest list, but we had a much better experience at the Eagle Inn and Franciscan Inn down by the beach. My advice if you stay here is to get EVERYTHING in writing. Nobody ended up staying here, getting confirmation emails took several phone calls, and dealing with this poorly managed hotel was the worst part of my wedding.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank LovesTravel1981
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We only stayed here for one night and it was adequate for our family. Check in was easy and the man who checked us in was very friendly and very helpful. Our room opened out on to the pool which was nice with a hot tub, but there were no pool towels. Our room was quite large with a large plasma screen TV. wi- fi was available in the room. The furnishings and fittings in the room were ok , I think it could do with a little updating. There were coffee making facilities as well as hairdryers and irons. the bathroom was large but really needs updating my daughter described it looking like a public toilet very unattractive . the towels were of very poor quality and had seen better days but it was very clean .

the Bar and lounge areas of the hotel were nice although we didn't get the opportunity to Eat or drink there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family