“Great hotel-bad service at the restaurant!”
Review of Harbor View Inn

Harbor View Inn
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
San Diego, CA
“Great hotel-bad service at the restaurant!”
Reviewed February 15, 2007

I stayed her with 7 other girls for my bachelorette party! The view was great and the staff was friendly! The only negative comment was our waitress at the attached restaurant. I think she was hungover or something, but the food itself was excellent! This hotel isn't really a "bacheloretty" type place, but it worked for us! It was great!

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
wales uk
Reviewed January 19, 2007

Stayed here for one night as part of a two week trip to California. This hotel was by far the best we stayed in. Excellent location just opposite the pier. On first pulling in looks slighly motelish but dont be fooled. Decor to high standard throught. Stunning room with high ceilings, lots of space and the most gorgous bathroom. Staff very polite and we found to be incredibly helpful. Wished that we had planned to spend more nights here but will definately be back!

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank pjpuddle
Canuck in Idaho
Reviewed January 16, 2007

The Harbor View Inn at Santa Barbara was the third stop on our vacation and what a great location! Right across from the beach and Stearns wharf. The pool area looked good, but being December we didn’t try it out. Our room was decent, but it really needed to be painted. It was certainly one of the un-renovated rooms. The bathroom was large and had a separate tub and shower (great if you are traveling with kids). There were some nice amenities in the room - complimentary bottled water, smoked pistachios and a great street map of Santa Barbara. The hotel assisted us with dinner reservations and we had some wonderful seafood at The FisHouse. I have to add that our agent found us a really amazing rate for this hotel. I would have felt quite overcharged to pay the regular rate. That being said, we loved Santa Barbara and would return to this hotel if we found a good rate. We returned to the Orlando Hotel in LA after leaving SB.

• Liked — location, location
  • Disliked — room needed repair
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank lusciouskiwi
Seattle, WA
Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed here for one night, checking out Christmas Eve. The property exceeded our expectations. It was beautiful. We had a lovely balcony overlooking the pool, with the ocean in the background. The room was very spacious and comfortable.

The location was excellent, being right across the street from the pier and the beach.

However, Harbor View Inn stood out because of the extremely helpful and polite staff. Everyone we talked to, bar none, went out of their way to give excellent customer service. They were even mopping the parking lot on Christmas Eve day! We've never had such a pleasant hotel experience.

• Liked — Location, friendly helpful staff
  • Disliked — The price
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Seattlepa
California
Reviewed December 4, 2006

We loved this hotel. The rooms were great. Beds were really comfortable. Even though we did not have an ocean view room our view of the city and mountains was wonderful. Parking was easy and convenient. Beds were turned down and mints left on the nightstand. The bathrooms were spacious and the shower was terrific. We also loved the location.....on the corner of State and Cabrillo. We walked to the wharf for dinner. We also took advantage of the shuttle that took us to shopping on State street and it only cost a quarter! This is our new favorite place to stay in Santa Barbara. Looking forward to going when weather is warmer and using the beautiful pool.

• Liked — Loved everything about the room.
  • Disliked — Liked everything!
  • Tips/Secrets — Either ocean view or city view would be great.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with friends
2 Thank KayV
Burlingame, Ca
Reviewed December 4, 2006

We stayed at the Harbor View Inn passing through and were impressed by the service.
The first time we came I forgot my slippers and mentioned it to the bell boy and he tried to find some for me. When we returned two weeks later, the same bell boy greeted us and remembered about my slippers.
The service was great and timely while we were there and then after I returned home I realized I left all my jewelry and a substantial amount of money in the safe in my room. I called the hotel and as soon as I asked they told me they were expecting my call and that they had my belongings.
The hotel referred me to the manager who had already taken inventory and said he would send everything to me immediately. Since a lot of it was cash, the hotel wrote me a check and sent it that day along with my jewelry and a couple of airline tickets.
I would recommend the hotel to anyone going to Santa Barbara, the location is gorgeous, the rooms are very nice and very clean and the service was fabulous.

Stayed November 2006
4 Thank Adrianar
San Diego, CA
Reviewed November 15, 2006

Great location. Excellent view of the ocean. Walk right to the pier. At the end of State street, which holds an abundence of restaurants and shops. Clean hotel with extra touches. A paper was at our doorstep in the morning, a free large bottle of Fiji water and nuts. We stayed in the newer wing and had an excellent room. Liked the decor, large wood shutters covered the slider and wood beams adorned the ceiling. Mosaics everywhere, and the plasma on the wall was a good touch. Would recommend this hotel without hesitation. Lots of style and feels very comfortable.

• Liked — location and room!
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business