My husband and I just spent 3 nights at the Harbor View Inn with our almost 2 year old and my mother. I had originally booked a suite at the Biltmore Four Seasons, but feeling too guilty about the spending that much money I cancelled the Four Seasons and got 2 rooms at the Harbor View and saved about $700 (even with the 3rd night free at the Four Seasons). With my Four Seasons dreams dashed, I was prepared to be disappointed with the Harbor View Inn but I was pleasantly surprised. In the end I think it was actually better for our family trip than the Four Seasons b/c the location was great and we could easily walk to Stearns Wharf, along the beach, to some nice parks, the great zoo and all over Santa Barbara whereas the Montecito area is more a resort area and you can't walk to all the waterfront locations. We were also lucky to get 2 adjoining king ocean view rooms and they brought a crib in for our daughter. The rooms were spacious and well kept. One caution is that our 2 rooms were the same rate and described the same but one room (301) had a large bathroom with sunken tub and walk in shower and the adjoining room (302) had a much smaller standard bathroom. It worked out fine for us, but the rooms seem to vary in size and set up, so make sure to check out your room and ask to see others if you are not happy. The staff was very accomodating and friendly -- when housekeeping forgot to bring us a few things the front desk staff made everything right quickly and apologized. The front desk staff was helpful with restuarant and activity recommendations. The restaurant Eladio's and the coffee shop on site were decent and had kids options. I was actually most impressed with the Spa at the hotel. They had a great winter special with a 50 minute message for $55. I was able to get in on an hour's notice and the newly renovated spa was as nice as many 5 Star hotel spas and Red Door spas I have visited. They have a great whirlpool and sauna behind the spa that anyone can use any time and I was alone there when using it. I would say that while this is not the 5 star Four Seasons, it is a very solid 4 star hotel in a great location and it is a very nice slightly more affordable alternative for families wanting to stay in Santa Barbara.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Santa Barbara's premier 4-Diamond boutique oceanfront hotel. Centrally located to the beach, downtown shops, restaurants, museums and attractions. Enjoy all of our wonderful amenities which include heated pool and jacuzzi, Full service Spa,room service, gift shop, fitness center, coffee bar and restaurant, Eladio's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Harbor View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Harbor View Inn
- Harbor View Santa Barbara
- Harbor View Inn Santa Barbara