“Great value for the price”
Review of Harbor View Inn

Harbor View Inn
Ranked #11 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here for two nights for a quick weekend getaway. Most Santa Barbara Hotels are very overpriced, however, this hotel was very well priced for the great location. We were able to walk to most restaurants and the pier easily. We asked for a good view, and got two great balconies in our room. Will definitely stay again!

Room Tip: ask for a view
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Very nice hotel and can't beat the location. Right on State street and right off the beach. Hotel staff was very friendly, overall a very good hotel. I booked a standard room and was very pleased with the amenities and the quality of the room itself.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Let just say I'm very picky about the places I stay and probably wouldn't have booked here because I'm all about larger hotels. The room was booked by my husbands boss as a gift to us in our travels.

I expected to be let down but was in no way let down. The rooms were clean and had a spa like feel. Our room overlooked the pool and beachfront. I can say that the place is old, which is true, but it gave me the feeling of cozy instead of outdated. I had trouble with wifi but decided to out the computer away and walk the beautiful Santa Barbara Beach with my husband instead. Take a walk down to Rusty's pizza. Remember to take a jacket at night, it gets cold even in the summer.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gwenbraum
Reviewed May 26, 2014

My daughter and I decided to visit UCSB last minute and were able to book two nights at this wonderful hotel.
Location: Right next to Pier, ocean view, short walk to the very cute downtown.
Staff: Very welcoming. We got in late and left early so not a lot of interaction with staff.
Restaurant of hotel: Excellent breakfast, great patio
Rooms, Very nice, clean, comfy beds, nice size bathroom with shower/toilet separate from vanity and big soaker tub. Didn't ask for a view, but still got a room with a really nice balcony.
I thought the price was perfect for what we received. I would definitely stay here again!!
My only minor complaint is walls/ceilings are thin and could hear every movement above and around us. I usually bring a portable sound machine with but forgot it. I used a sound app on phone instead and problem solved. :)

Room Tip: Obviously the ocean view is best room. We just asked for a standard which was at back of parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were really impressed with the Harbor View Inn and wish we had stayed longer than 1 night. The hotel is in a great location by the pier and harbor and a short walk to the main street. The staff were very welcoming on arrival, and shown where to park. We booked a standard room, and although we didn't get an ocean view we were not disappointed, the room was vast and very comfortable. We would not hesitate to recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Inn after laboriously trying to pick the perfect hotel without spending a fortune. This hit the mark. Fantastic location on the oceanfront and State. We settled for a standards room to save cost and we were very pleased. They said it had "no view" but we disagreed. It had a lovely mountain view from our private patio. The staff was pleasant and helpful. We had stated on the reservation it was our Anniversary and within minutes of getting into our room the sent up complimentary champagne.
We had Happy Hour at the onsite restaurant and it was very good and the drinks a bargain.
Right next door is a bike rental place and you can ride right there on the oceanfront bike path.
The grounds are lovely and very we'll maintained. My daughter had a facial and loved it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jw1984
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here recently and it was fantastic! We even booked an extra night and they upgraded us to the ocean view suite for a very good price! It's in a great spot close to downtown and all the good restaurants. The staff was very accommodating to us and treated us extra special because my fiancé proposed on the beach. They hooked us up with champagne and glasses to celebrate the occasion! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014