The hotel is conveniently located adjacent to the harbor front as well as the train station. For the amount charged, I was expecting a nicer room. One with a view would have been even more expensive. I'd say the quality is comparable to a good Best Western. It was clean and comfortable. So they charge what the market will bear. What I didn't like is that they charged my credit card $50/day for incidentals ahead of time--even though I didn't incur any during our stay. When I checked out, I was told that the outstanding balance would charged to my credit card. But I checked my credit card charges online, I found that they had already charged that and $100 more for potential incidentals. When I called to enquire about the excess, they said it was their normal procedure and that the $100 for potential incidentals would be credited in a few day--taking up to a week. I travel quite often, and have never come across this practice before in hotels or rental cars where additional charges might be incurred. It's misleading and confusing. What's more, it was never explained as such until I questioned the charges after the fact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Santa Barbara's premier 4-Diamond boutique oceanfront hotel. Centrally located to the beach, downtown shops, restaurants, museums and attractions. Enjoy all of our wonderful amenities which include heated pool and jacuzzi, Full service Spa,room service, gift shop, fitness center, coffee bar and restaurant, Eladio's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Harbor View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel Santa Barbara
- Santa Barbara Harbor View Inn
- Harbor View Santa Barbara
- Harbor View Inn Santa Barbara