Harbor View Inn
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Santa Barbara
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Across the street from the beach and pier, 5 block walk to the shops and restaurants of State street (downtown). Street in front of the hotel is busy during the day, but this whole end of the city goes to sleep early, and is quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The location is great,just across the Pier and beach.A oceanview room is worth it.The price is pretty high,a little bit out of age interior,but clean.Poolgarden very nice.Close to everything without car.Over all worth while a stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Mary I
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Surprised my wife and two kids for a quick get away weekend and stopped at harbor view inn for the night. Yelp and other hotel search engines gives it 4stars. Uh 4stars not so much. Checking in for a standard room while waiting for the room to be ready we checked out the pool area so we decided to change our room to a pool side view partially ocean view (because standard room has a view of parking area) they call us and tell us our room is ready and she sees that I have a large stroller with two kids fails to mention that the elevator is on the other side of where our room was also fails to mention that there is at least three small flights of stairs to get to our room after you get off of the elevator. We still had to take our kids out of the stroller. when I called her to let her know that she failed to mention the stairs she said with a attitude (well thats why I was putting you in the standard room sir! )(Chelsea) So I said I didn't want that room because of the poor view of the room. Anyway I stuck it out for my wife. Finally in our room. Didn't want to go out for dinner because of the hassle of stroller! Not good for handy cap people at all. Finally just said let's go to the pool and hang there. Get to pool and there is more small steps (where are the ramps!!) people with kids know what I'm talking about. strollers make your life easier with two kids. Well not here! Be prepare to carry it everywhere. You have to pay alot more for a room with a decent view and easy access to room from elevator. Oh and to top it all off the AC did not work. When I checked out I said I had a few complaints and all she said to me
was, sorry to here that. We will get the AC checked right away and proceeded to ask me if everything on the bill was correct. I feel I didn't get what I paid for at all. Little pricy for average rooms. Would not stay here again!! Nor recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Arellanoscar
Mark R, General Manager at Harbor View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

I want to Thank-you for taking the time to let us know how we did during your stay at the Harbor View Inn I have to say we did not provide you with the stay you expected. I am sorry for that. As we are a custom Design Hotel to fit the keeping of a Landmark Spanish area of Santa Barbara with that we do have a few rooms that can only be accessed by a few stairs I am sorry we did not make sure you did not have to use stairs. 98% of our rooms are completely Handicap accessible and stroller friendly. We do have ramps to the pool area and all other public areas of our property. Please we hope when you are in Santa Barbara you will try us again and Thank-you for your review.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great location and wonderful views. Spacious and reasonably priced room with a quite nice
restaurant attached. What's not to like?

Very friendly and helpful staff. Above and beyond the call to send some things left behind in
the room to the next hotel on our trip. All good in our experience.

PS Still will never rent from Alamo again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed for a long weekend at Harbor View. The hotel has some of the best views in the area. Ask for an upper level room and the suites are best. The price per night is generally reasonable for a hotel of this class. I would rate this a three star however not the four star its listed as. Like all Cali hotels this one has a rather prominent sign out front regarding dangerous substances on the premiss. This is simply referring to pool cleaners, additives Hotel's use for cleaning, and certain chemicals for de-greasing. We asked and this is what we were told. I have stayed at other Cali hotels and sometimes see these notices, sometimes don't. The hotel is a great choice for visiting the area. The rooms are clean, service is good. Parking for right on the beach is adequate.Weekends are busy and you might have to use their parking overflow lot a short walk away. Overall we enjoyed our stay. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Select a 3rd floor room. The suites are great of course.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rbertj
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed with the family in a double room, it was a pleasant hotel and well located with the beach across the road and Main street just on the corner. We don't usually use hotel restaurants but husband with broken leg meant he could only hop so far. Eladios was a nice clean and pleasant restaurant and with the 10% off for hotel guests made it an affordable option.

First night we had a rattle in the bathroom roof which sounded as if a team of mice typists were hard at work. Told reception in the morning and it was fixed within 20 minutes wish I had gone down at 3am to complain rather than lie awake.

Just across the road at the start of the pier is a small tram which for 50 cents takes you 14 blocks up Main Street.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tracy P
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Well the water was warm only in the shower never hot. I phoned reception who told me well everyone must be having a shower in your wing so hop out and wait 10 minutes. Not impressed! Tried again later same story maintenance guy had a look but couldn't fix. Next day water still only warm.

Ask for ocean view room hat is worth it. Kids enjoyed pool. Had to walk quite a way for a 7/11 for milk. Oh and if your looking for coffee nearest Starbucks is a good 15 minute walk. View from our room attached

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Happy_relaxed_couple
Mark R, Owner at Harbor View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I wanted to Thank-you for letting us know about your stay with us this weekend. I have informed our head of maintenance to address your hot water issue. I am glad you enjoyed our pool area.
We do serve Starbucks Coffee both in room service at our pool Bar and in our Restaurant Eladio's. We also have a coffee bar on property State Street Coffee that servers Starbucks products. Again Thank-you for taking the time to write a response and we hope you will stay with us again. Mark A. Romasanta